OT: Soccer USA vs. N. Korea *spolier alert | The Boneyard

OT: Soccer USA vs. N. Korea *spolier alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
playing now.

Dang, Heath just missed a great opportunity to score!

Reaction Score
USA up 1-0 on goal by Abby from Morgan, which I missed in first half.

We are controlling possession and definitely the better team, but need to finish, Heath's miss was bad.

Reaction Score
62nd min. still 1-0 USA

raining now

Tie can win the group for USA. Would likely prefer to avoid finishing 2nd & get Sweden in quarterfinals.

Reaction Score
Red card for N. Korean player for taking down Cheney.

83 min

1-0 USA

Reaction Score
wow, too close, N. Korea shot on goal went over cross bar. whew

86 min

Reaction Score
Chastain might possibly be the worst announcer of all time. I'm not even exaggerating.

Reaction Score
good kick, but right at goalie.

and a cross that just missed.

89 min. we are possessing, but just kicked it out. gotta play D and keep away

Reaction Score
Chastain might possibly be the worst announcer of all time. I'm not even exaggerating.

I tend to agree. Prefer Foudy, big time, but she has contract with ESPN, not NBC.

I'm tivoing the game and watching online with no sound, which is kind of nice.

Reaction Score
good D by N. Korea

nice to get out of the rain, it's really coming down now

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

She is very annoying in he way she keeps repeating her criticisms ("just keep the ball.... just keep the ball..... blah blah"). In that respect, I have to agree with Hope. But the PBP guy is superb, really enjoyed his running commentary.

OK game for USA, just caught the second half.

Reaction Score
Yup, the three guys who are doing soccer PBP are all phenomenal.

I wish NBC, ESPN, et all would focus more on finding competent color commentators, rather than just hiring the highest-profile former athlete/coach that's interested in the job.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Out of those cushy apartments in Pyongyang for those ladies- back to the real Democratic People's Republic of Korea with them.

Reaction Score
Can't stand Chastain. I think Kate Markgraf and Cat Whitehill are much better.

Reaction Score
I thought Chastain was actually affected by Solo's comments, perhaps a bit of discussion in a production meeting. Today was her worst qualities as a commentator dialed back at least 50% and then in the end she couldn't help herself. Especially in the first half she was keeping her mouth shut some to let the game breath. She actually talked about what Pia Sundhage wanted to see from the team instead of the typical what Brandi wanted to see from the team, but what do you know someone couldn't finish out the game properly except this person was in the booth.

Reaction Score
I wish NBC, ESPN, et all would focus more on finding competent color commentators, rather than just hiring the highest-profile former athlete/coach that's interested in the job.

Unfortunately, not the way sportscasting tends to work. Networks want the "name", as it is more likely to bring in the casual fan.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, not the way sportscasting tends to work. Networks want the "name", as it is more likely to bring in the casual fan.
We know this all too well as WBB fans. We suffer with incompetent "names" every year.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I thought Chastain was actually affected by Solo's comments, perhaps a bit of discussion in a production meeting. Today was her worst qualities as a commentator dialed back at least 50% and then in the end she couldn't help herself. Especially in the first half she was keeping her mouth shut some to let the game breath. She actually talked about what Pia Sundhage wanted to see from the team instead of the typical what Brandi wanted to see from the team, but what do you know someone couldn't finish out the game properly except this person was in the booth.
Agreed. For most of the game it seemed she had dialed down the negativity.

USA had plenty of chances and should have had an easier match score wise. Seemed to hit the post numerous time. And a couple of terrible misses. Gotta finish ladies.

Nice play/goal by Lloyd/Morgan/Wambach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak