OT: SMU's Nic Moore playing with Kansas this summer | The Boneyard

OT: SMU's Nic Moore playing with Kansas this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.kuathletics.com/news/2015/5/21/MBB_0521150454.aspx

SMU standout guard Nic Moore has accepted an invitation from Kansas head coach Bill Self to join the KU team, which is serving as the USA National Team, for the 2015 World University Games, July 3-14 in Gwangju, Korea, Self announced Thursday.

SMU is coached by former KU head coach Larry Brown, whom Self worked for as a graduate assistant coach while at KU in 1985-86, and associate head coach Tim Jankovich, who was an assistant under Self at Kansas from 2003-07.

"The reason we are taking a player from another school is Svi (Mykhailiuk) cannot go and Brannen (Greene) is not going to be able to compete because of his hip surgery, so we were down to only three perimeter players going into this last week," Self said. "With the addition of a potential recruit, that would be four, so we are still a player short. With our relationship with Jank (Jankovich) and Coach Brown, they said if we needed anybody, they have a kid that would love to go, that kid being Nic. We're taking the (2015) American Athletic Conference Player of the Year. They do a lot of the same things we do so it will be an easy blend for our guys. That will give us Frank (Mason III), Devonte' (Graham), Wayne (Selden, Jr.) and Nic (at the guard positions). We want to take another perimeter player so we are going to wait and see if a recruit can take that fifth spot."

Reaction Score
nic moore is better than mason III + graham , would be surprised if he didn't play a ton of minutes. strange though never heard of anything like this though

Reaction Score
I guess the novelty - for me - is that a US University like Kansas goes as the US Team for the World University Games. Good situation for a Team to bond in real games.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Never heard of this, but it's kinda cool.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't see how KU can provide this kid with anything without it being a violation. I sure hope they vetted this thing with the NCAA.

Reaction Score
I don't see how KU can provide this kid with anything without it being a violation. I sure hope they vetted this thing with the NCAA.

It's probably being provided through USA basketball. Technically, this isn't the Kansas team. It's Team USA, coached by Bill Self, and he's mostly bringing his own players.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's probably being provided through USA basketball. Technically, this isn't the Kansas team. It's Team USA, coached by Bill Self, and he's mostly bringing his own players.
Ah got it. Thanks Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky