OT: Sling TV to get ESPN and EXPN3? | The Boneyard

OT: Sling TV to get ESPN and EXPN3?

Reaction Score
I cancelled my Time Warner TV package ($50 a month) and think I'm going with Sling TV Orange for $20 a month. Hope to get it on my Roku 1 , although Sling has a free offer for a Roku Express.

Anyone familiar with this and does it really get ESPN 3 (to watch UConn sports)?

I don't care about not getting local ABC, NBC, CBS. Just need ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3.

I apologize if his has been discussed before tia

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Yes. Although ESPN3 may only be for a limited time. With one of the basic packages for $20/month you can get ESPN/ESPN2 (along with other channels like TNT, TBS, Food Network, etc), and right now you can also get ESPN3. Sling regularly runs additional channels (right now they're running Starz) for free so that you can see if you like them and want to upgrade your package. I'm not sure if that's what they're doing with ESPN3, but if it is you'll see right on the channel menu how long the introductory period is for. If there's no date range, then it's a permanent channel. I'd verify that for you, but I'm not home at the moment.

Also, you can get an HD antenna for like $50 to get those local channels like ABC, CBS, etc. Which channels and how well they come in will just depend on the geography of where your house is located.

Reaction Score
My sister in Tucson just got middle package Sling for 35 a month and no ESPN is showing up although it was listed. Also no YES, what gives?

Reaction Score
After reading a few historic threads i went with Vue and its working like a charm. ESPN obtained directly with Vue and ESPN3 through ESPN Watch channel using my Vue credentials.

Reaction Score
I cancelled my Time Warner TV package ($50 a month) and think I'm going with Sling TV Orange for $20 a month. Hope to get it on my Roku 1 , although Sling has a free offer for a Roku Express.

Anyone familiar with this and does it really get ESPN 3 (to watch UConn sports)?

I don't care about not getting local ABC, NBC, CBS. Just need ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3.

I apologize if this has been discussed before tia
I've been using sling for a few months and only disappointed by the minimal channel selection.
Yesterday, I signed up for the PS Vue 7 day trial.
The core package has the channels that I want and also has a cloud dvr but the initial few shows I watched were poor in hd quality, sputtering and just not acceptable.
Will try a few more days before likely cancelling.

I cannot access espn3 with my sling credentials.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Now that the Huskies won't be on CBS Sports Network until the fall, I was thinking about switching to a more $ friendly package myself.

Currently, my bill for cable TV (no internet) is $125 a month, and that's with the custom sports package, two boxes and 1 DVR.

That price seems outrageously high, but my only cable choice was fios and that was the cheapest package they had.

Does anyone of the streaming packages include YES? Further, if you're internet is semi spotty, will the buffering and tv quality drive you crazy?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction Score
Yep, come March I'm going to try to bail from Comcast again, although I have to say, the X1 system is really fantastic. As has been said, Playstation Vue is vastly superior to Sling. Better quality, more options, better price. Vue does lag behind Sling in customer service, interface, and ease of use. It was literally difficult to sign up/cancel Vue because the website is a bit convoluted.

Reaction Score
Yep, come March I'm going to try to bail from Comcast again, although I have to say, the X1 system is really fantastic. As has been said, Playstation Vue is vastly superior to Sling. Better quality, more options, better price. Vue does lag behind Sling in customer service, interface, and ease of use. It was literally difficult to sign up/cancel Vue because the website is a bit convoluted.
I've had the opposite experience with Vue, much poorer quality.
Ease of use is much worse

It looks like the NO network is included, depending on location

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom