OT: Shoulder brace or immobilizer | The Boneyard

OT: Shoulder brace or immobilizer

Reaction Score
Anyone ever buy a commercial product that can be comfortably worn so you can sleep with it on? If so, what is the product name and site?

I overdid my exercising and cannot get an ortho appointment until Sept. 2. Then via x-ray or other testing, I will get an exact diagnosis.

I could book PT without a medical referral, but am a little leery of the close contact involved especially since PT involves a number of sessions.

I looked up a medical chart and the pain is in the triceps area and supraspinatus. Not sure if the rotator cuff is involved. Not that bad while awake, but hard to avoid the right shoulder while sleeping.

Obviously, I will stop the activities that aggravate it, and rest the area.

Thanks for any recommendations.

I guess I overdid it with my exercised and I cannot

Reaction Score
After I dislocated my shoulder I was using this one for when I was getting back out on the soccer field since it really secures the ac joint and had a little more padding to it:

and this one was my "around the house" one I used since it's more breathable and a little more minimalist. I slept in it and it worked fine just gets a little warm and sweaty so make sure to wash it
https://www.amazon.com/Shoulder-Bra...FGG59P/ref=psdc_4986874011_t2_B005MJYUAA?th=1

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1595017013907.png

temery

What?
Reaction Score
After I dislocated my shoulder I was using this one for when I was getting back out on the soccer field since it really secures the ac joint and had a little more padding to it:

and this one was my "around the house" one I used since it's more breathable and a little more minimalist. I slept in it and it worked fine just gets a little warm and sweaty so make sure to wash it
https://www.amazon.com/Shoulder-Bra...FGG59P/ref=psdc_4986874011_t2_B005MJYUAA?th=1

I have something like that for an AC joint inflammation. Sleeping was almost impossible. It helped a little. I also got a special pillow on amazon made for shoulder pain.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sort of like in the Civil War, they gave you brandy when they removed the bullet or amputated the limb.

You do the best with what you have to work with.

I do see trainers taping up athletes.

Maybe, you are on to something.
Actually, you could try KT tape. It would be more of a reminder not to move the arm more than anything else.

Reaction Score
Actually, you could try KT tape. It would be more of a reminder not to move the arm more than anything else.
I know a bunch of people who swear by it, but I never had any luck with the stuff. Tried it for shoulder, hamstring, achilles and calves. Even got PT friends to give tips on application and just never felt like it had any benefit

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom