OT Should we invite West Virginia and Akron for soccer | The Boneyard

OT Should we invite West Virginia and Akron for soccer

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We're in the AAC for a little while and while we are here we should try to make it better. The backstory here is that Buffalo is dropping a ton of sports including soccer and their league (the MAC) would only have 5 soccer schools left, not enough for the conference to sponsor it. Akron is one of the premier soccer schools in the country and WVU is an old BE rival. Should we invite them (especially considering only 8 AAC schools even play soccer).

Reaction Score
Oh for the love of God, just another sport where the old Big East was awesome and we deserve to be competing in the top half of the ACC. I loathe the AAC.

Reaction Score
So the PAC 12 of the west coast only has 6 programs, and Hartwick plays in a 6 program Sunbelt Conference. College sports has truly become an absolute joke. Go UNC!

Reaction Score
I would assume the MAC schools will stick together and try to pair up with another conference -- would make a nice match with C-USA I'd think.

Reaction Score
NCAA rules state that if a conference sponsors a sport, all teams in that conference that play that sport must play for that conference. Akron would not be available unless the MAC drops soccer.

WVU is a sport affiliate of the MAC for soccer, so WVU could move to a new conference at any time.

My guess is the MAC will simply add another sport affiliate member for soccer to replace Buffalo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom