OT: Should Ooey-Gooey Butter Cake Be On The Training Table? | The Boneyard

OT: Should Ooey-Gooey Butter Cake Be On The Training Table?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hey guys, next game is 7 days away. I recall that for Kia Nurse's Homecoming game one of her biggies was eating some food from a Ca chain fast food restaurant. For Phee it was, yup, Ooey-Gooey Butter Cake, a baking mistake that became a St. Louis area staple. I've explored the literature of the food in question and still cannot get a real handle on what it is, except it's full of flour, sugar, maybe corn syrup, and definitely butter, the more the merrier. A modern variant pretender is essentially poor man's thin scliced cheese cake and pay it no head.

This heady concoction began it's life as a mistake in ingredient proportions in one of two bakeries. Yes, there is a contest in origin, necessary to any good food story. A St. Louis Original: Ooey-Gooey Butter Cake.

No matter, the concoction had me at Butter!

And there is a Philadelphia Butter Cake that is different but pugnaciously claims to be better.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Seriously, somebody stop this man. You're a sadist. Look, take this. It's my stomach. I just can't control it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Should it be on the training table? It depends on what you are training for. If you are training for bypass surgery, it would be a good option. Seriously, it sounds insanely decadent. All things in moderation. Get a slice and share it with a friend.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Should it be on the training table? It depends on what you are training for. If you are training for bypass surgery, it would be a good option. Seriously, it sounds insanely decadent. All things in moderation. Get a slice and share it with a friend.
Sorry. I ain't sharing any of this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom