OT Serena | The Boneyard

OT Serena

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Will Serena again fail to win her 24th Major? Not a good start to be broken in the first game of the first set.

From a Player Rankings perspective this should be Serena's easiest chance to win the 24th Major.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wow. Serena just double faulted on set point. 6-3

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Serena loses the First Set 6-3. Serena double faults to lose the 1st Set. Andreescu is probably playing the best of any of the previous players that stopped Serena from winning her 24th Major.

The Serena era is officially over. Like what her Sister Venus for a while, she'll make Semi-Finals and Finals, but I don't think she'll get her 24th Major. There's two many players that have the power and skill that Serena has. Serena can't beat Elite Players in the Finals that are 15-19 Years younger then she is.

Shouldn't post this before the match is over, but I'm hoping that Serena proves it wrong and wins today.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
It was fitting that Serena would be broken to lose the US Open. Loses 6-3 and 7-5. Serena made an effort to make the 2nd set close, but she was dominated today by Andreescu.

Hard to retire when the prize money for 2nd place is $1.9 Million Dollars, but both Venus and Serena should consider retiring. Don't want to see Serena, end up like her sister Venus, losing in or before Quarter Finals of the Majors.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Serena tied it up at 5-5 and was playing so well, I thought it was safe to go do some stuff, get back and she lost set 2. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Serena loses the First Set 6-3. Serena double faults to lose the 1st Set. Andreescu is probably playing the best of any of the previous players that stopped Serena from winning her 24th Major.

The Serena era is officially over. Like what her Sister Venus for a while, she'll make Semi-Finals and Finals, but I don't think she'll get her 24th Major. There's two many players that have the power and skill that Serena has. Serena can't beat Elite Players in the Finals that are 15-19 Years younger then she is.

Shouldn't post this before the match is over, but I'm hoping that Serena proves it wrong and wins today.
Perhaps the era of her full spectrum dominance is over, but for virtually anyone else, reaching 4 out of the last 6 Grand Slam finals would be an astounding accomplishment, not a sign she should retire. (How many players have reached 4 out of 6 ever, in their careers?)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
She is clearly still a pretty dominant player but I do think the pressure on winning #24 has gotten to her and the longer that this has taken the more the pressure is building. I agree she may never win that elusive title mostly due to her own yips as opposed to her competition.
I just hope she learns to be gracious.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She is clearly still a pretty dominant player but I do think the pressure on winning #24 has gotten to her and the longer that this has taken the more the pressure is building. I agree she may never win that elusive title mostly due to her own yips as opposed to her competition.
I just hope she learns to be gracious.

She has had a lot of practice being gracious lately. She has been sufficiently humbled I guess. :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Kick Anna Wintour out of the box too. :rolleyes:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
OT: the topic:

It was fun watching sports on TV yesterday...
Serena lost to a youngster who plays the power game she brought to tennis...
If she would have served better, she might still have won...but she didn't and there we are.

But, there was also college football...I'm merely a detached, occasional observer....but Army almost beating Michigan, Rutgers walloped and Tennessee giving it away....And Syracuse having their head blown off.

You can see that UConn BB affects my animus....Oh, there was also Stanford and Texas...perfect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom