OT: Serena & Sloane | The Boneyard

OT: Serena & Sloane

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Just a disaster for the Williams family in this French as Serena, teamed with Bob Brian, went down in the 1st round.

Meanwhile there's a personable 19 year old from these United States that earned the round of 16. Her name is Sloane Stephens, and today she knocked off the last French woman.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Should you want a look at the last American hope, Sloane will be playing on NBC somewhere between 12 & 3.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Sloane has lost to Sam Stosur, BUT if you are filled with boundless optimism, a woman from central Asia, who is a naturalized
American since last autumn, Varvara Lepchenko, has made the 4th round and plays Svetlana Kuznetzova tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Sloane has lost to Sam Stosur, BUT if you are filled with boundless optimism, a woman from central Asia, who is a naturalized
American since last autumn, Varvara Lepchenko, has made the 4th round and plays Svetlana Kuznetzova tomorrow.
She actually plays Petra Kvitova tomorrow, the reigning Wimbledon champion. I would guess it's probably the end of the road for her as well, but one can hope!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Maybe it is me having grown up in the 1980s, but every time I hear the name "Sloan," I think of "Sloan Peterson." You "Ferris Bueller" fans will get that one...

Sloan Stephens is an intriguing prospect, at 19. She, Christina McHale, and a few other young Americans are making waves, after nice performances at last year's US Open.

But keep your eye on Taylor Townsend, She may be the best American prospect of the bunch.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Aside from the Williams' sisters and Andy Roddick when he was ranked in the top 10, the cupboard has been really bare for US tennis on both sides (except the Bryan's in men's doubles and Raymond/Huber in women's doubles). there was a time where many thought Donald Young was the next great American thing, but there's been really nothing on the women's side. hopefully Stephens, McHale and Townsend can continue to move up on the women's side...!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The lack of a national federation, as well as the lack of clay courts in the us, has really hurt American tennis. The cost of developing a tennis talent to play at the professional level is tremendous. American parents having to foot the bill, rightly or wrongly, has put us at a significant disadvantage.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The lack of a national federation, as well as the lack of clay courts in the us, has really hurt American tennis. The cost of developing a tennis talent to play at the professional level is tremendous. American parents having to foot the bill, rightly or wrongly, has put us at a significant disadvantage.
so what does the USTA spend all it's $$ on? reminds me of the OLympics years ago where other countries send pros and the US always sent the amateurs... glad that's changed...

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
She actually plays Petra Kvitova tomorrow, the reigning Wimbledon champion. I would guess it's probably the end of the road for her as well, but one can hope!

Yup, she did lose. End of our singles entries.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Maybe it is me having grown up in the 1980s, but every time I hear the name "Sloan," I think of "Sloan Peterson." You "Ferris Bueller" fans will get that one...

Sloan Stephens is an intriguing prospect, at 19. She, Christina McHale, and a few other young Americans are making waves, after nice performances at last year's US Open.

But keep your eye on Taylor Townsend, She may be the best American prospect of the bunch.
wasnt there a BY poster named Sloan in the recent past... what happened to him/her or is there a new name?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
yup... where is she/he or is there another name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom