OT Self

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Gassnola texts have Billy boy dead to rights. Lets see if it has consequences

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
Lol. Please. A stern talking-to at the most. Maybe a text from his AD with that frown face emoji.

Reaction Score
I always wondered other than their history how Kansas always recruited so incredibly well. They haven’t been in the greatest conference and the campus in the middle of nowhere. I’ve met Self and am not surprised by this at all.

Reaction Score
Perhaps we need Self to get the rest starting with wrapping up Miller then looking at the SEC and ACC teams, Oregon and UMASS(just for kicks)

Reaction Score
I don't see how they can let self off. If they do the ncaa is just saying go ahead and pay. They should be used as an example.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I always wondered other than their history how Kansas always recruited so incredibly well. They haven’t been in the greatest conference and the campus in the middle of nowhere. I’ve met Self and am not surprised by this at all.

Great history, great arena, rabid fans, and a really nice campus that is a lot less "nowhere" than Storrs. If Self cheated then he did. I doubt he really needed to.

Reaction Score

Come on man.

Lawrence is a great college town, KU has a great campus, and if you want you jump in the car and go to KC which is about 40 minutes away. KC is a killer city on its own.

You want to hammer Self and KU go ahead - but at least have some idea of what you’re talking about

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Come on man.

Lawrence is a great college town, KU has a great campus, and if you want you jump in the car and go to KC which is about 40 minutes away. KC is a killer city on its own.

You want to hammer Self and KU go ahead - but at least have some idea of what you’re talking about

And Allen Field House is as good a college hoops venue as there is. I've never been to Cameron Indoor, but AFH is amazing.

More than anything, I want college hoops to survive this scandal without being destroyed.

Reaction Score
A constant in flow of top talent helps make the experience at these arenas amazing. If you are paying for players and cheating your way to championships, final fours and full arenas, I don’t really care how great the arena or fan base is.

Every few years, top 5 programs are found to be paying players tons of cash, creating fake classes and hiring relatives. Those schools aren’t basketball royalty, they are scams.

Reaction Score
1539790325788.jpeg

Reaction Score
Come on man.

Fair enough, ha. I admit I made assumptions without ever seeing the campus. It’s just always frustrated me how well they recruit compared to us. I’ve read their basketball facilities are amazing. Self should have s lot more to show for this recruiting than the one lone championship.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Fair enough, ha. I admit I made assumptions without ever seeing the campus. It’s just always frustrated me how well they recruit compared to us. I’ve read their basketball facilities are amazing. Self should have s lot more to show for this recruiting than the one lone championship.

There are really only 4 P5 programs that are "all in" on basketball. Where basketball success is everything. UK, KU, Duke and UNC. Maybe Syracuse. Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, UCLA, Arizona, Stanford, Florida, OU, Texas and others all have good, successful programs, but basketball is second to football at all of them. The KU facilities and the basketball dorm are insane.

I think they have an advantage in the same way Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, LSU, UGA, Florida, Clemson, Texas, OU have an advantage in football.

In Lawrence it extends to the community. I think recruits can feel that. This is from the 2012 final four in the main commercial district in town. Police are totally cool with it, and even allow public drinking in Solo cups.

Reaction Score
There are really only 4 P5 programs that are "all in" on basketball. Where basketball success is everything. UK, KU, Duke and UNC. Maybe Syracuse. Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, UCLA, Arizona, Stanford, Florida, OU, Texas and others all have good, successful programs, but basketball is second to football at all of them. The KU facilities and the basketball dorm are insane.

I think they have an advantage in the same way Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, LSU, UGA, Florida, Clemson, Texas, OU have an advantage in football.

In Lawrence it extends to the community. I think recruits can feel that. This is from the 2012 final four in the main commercial district in town. Police are totally cool with it, and even allow public drinking in Solo cups.

I'd add Indiana to that group, even though it's been a dry period for them.

Reaction Score
A constant in flow of top talent helps make the experience at these arenas amazing. If you are paying for players and cheating your way to championships, final fours and full arenas, I don’t really care how great the arena or fan base is.

Every few years, top 5 programs are found to be paying players tons of cash, creating fake classes and hiring relatives. Those schools aren’t basketball royalty, they are scams.
So we're basketball royalty??

Reaction Score
Self was cheating before he got to Kansas.

I will lay this out for everyone. Look at their recruiting success BEFORE they had anything to sell to recruits. If they are recruiting above their heads, it isn't because they are "a hot young coach" or "energetic" and isn't because of the "NBA style" of game they coach.

These kids care about money or who can get them to the NBA or both. If a coach doesn't have a track record of getting players exposure by winning and getting deep in the tournament and/or developing players, they will only get blue chip kids by paying them. There may be a few RARE exceptions but they are RARE.

Calipari and Self didn't stop cheating when they got to their blue blood homes. I believe coach K may have cheated early in his career but stopped once he had success. I think he is cheating again because he is trying desperately to keep the squid from dominating college basketball. Miller is dirty as hell. Hot co-eds aren't the secret to his success. Yeah, they help but it is all about money and the NBA in the end.

If it seems too good to hear true, it probably is.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

they can have all that but do they have 4 NC s in last 20 years? If not all that other stuff is fluff

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom