OT -SEC is a lollipop conference. | The Boneyard

OT -SEC is a lollipop conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
Tootsie pops. all I ever hear is the SEC is the best conference...we're the best in this ...we're the best at that....
you suck.

signed the MAC conference

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
My team plays in the SEC. I however do not like Alabama. I am glad they lost.

Reaction Score
I think it's the only conference whose fans chant their conference name at games. Like you could be at the big Vandy-Miss St game getting your butt kicked, and for whatever reason the fans just start chanting SEC, SEC, SEC. Weird.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I think it's the only conference whose fans chant their conference name at games. Like you could be at the big Vandy-Miss St game getting your butt kicked, and for whatever reason the fans just start chanting SEC, SEC, SEC. Weird.

I highly doubt you would hear an SEC chant at a game between Vandy and Mississippi State. That would be very weird.

The chant is usually performed during big games featuring a SEC team and a non conference opponent and it's a form of trolling because SEC fans know how much other schools hate it. Very few fans of SEC schools actually root for their conference brethren for any reason than beyond the fact that the SEC pools it's money for bowl season... so you obviously want your brethren to do well because it means your school gets a bigger paycheck as well. But realistically, most SEC fans don't give a hoot about their conference brethren.. the chant is just trolling.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt you would hear an SEC chant at a game between Vandy and Mississippi State. That would be very weird.

The chant is usually performed during big games featuring a SEC team and a non conference opponent and it's a form of trolling because SEC fans know how much other schools hate it. Very few fans of SEC schools actually root for their conference brethren for any reason than beyond the fact that the SEC pools it's money for bowl season... so you obviously want your brethren to do well because it means your school gets a bigger paycheck as well. But realistically, most SEC fans don't give a hoot about their conference brethren.. the chant is just trolling.

Sadly, "trolling" doesn't include "chanting" according to the "urban" definition of the word. In an article entitled "Why Does No One Know the Meaning of Trolling?," the author calls trolling "The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. . . "shouting" at someone "doesn't count as trolling (it's just 'flaming')." (Why Does Nobody Know What 'Trolling' Means? - VICE) What else is it? Well, it's an "unattractive female"; "ugly, hairy, beasts who live under bridges"; gay slang for looking for men and straight slang for looking for "chicks"; effects if taking LSD; or as my dad taught me: dragging a hook through water trying to catch a fish. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom