OT: SEC & B1G set up conference tie, take more control of CFP. | The Boneyard

OT: SEC & B1G set up conference tie, take more control of CFP.

Reaction Score

If 12 of the 14 spots are spoken for, and only 2 are left, there's no guarantee that the B12 or the ACC gets a second team into the playoff.

Consider a year like this one in which Notre Dame likely grabs a spot, you have 2 spots left.

But you look at the rankings and SEC5 Missouri, SEC6 Ole Miss, SEC7 LSU & B1G5 Michigan are all ranked well ahead of the B12's #2 team BYU. Heck Iowa St. is the B12's #1 and they are ranked behind the SEC's #7.

So tell me, is this really a thing where the SEC gets 6 teams in the CFP and the B12 gets only 1?

The split of $1.3b a year according to how many teams qualify for the CFP is going to trainwreck and destroy the ACC and B12.

This is a world in which Mississippi State does so much better moneywise than Florida State.
Rutgers is going to blow Colorado and Utah out of the water.

This does look very very good for Vanderbilt and Northwestern, but I would argue that this imbalance is going to eventually force the top schools to reconsider their affiliations with the bottom of these conferences.

Reaction Score
This made sense the minute the playoff expanded to 12 teams. Now, it’s more than okay to lose a couple games. Now, the nitpicking will come down to strength of schedule. So why wouldn’t you want to reserve a strong strength of schedule, all while taking another step out of the NCAA nest

Reaction Score
Anti-trust violation! Consider SECB1G to be one entity. Have no idea what I’m talking about legalistically, but wow, deck is tilting more and more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom