OT Seahawks Wilson & Giants | The Boneyard

OT Seahawks Wilson & Giants

Reaction Score
No way hearing they may want both 1st round picks screw that we need more than Russell Wilson to win games that's for sure. Lets stay in our lane, get LBers - DLine - OLine players, impact players early and often. He's not that good to be throwing away this draft, not for me GMen need too much for this to happen.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's not just the picks to consider, it's the fact you're going to have to construct a new deal that would be tough on the cap for a team that pretty much needs everything.

That said he's what a top 5 QB? If there ever was a person to deal for it would be him.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
As a Cowboys fan, I pray the Giants don't get him. He would instantly be the best QB in the division and make the Giants a contender immediately.

Reaction Score
As a Cowboys fan, I pray the Giants don't get him. He would instantly be the best QB in the division and make the Giants a contender immediately.

But we won't have anyone to play defense it won't matter, we won't stop anyone. They need so much more and can't do it without these impact picks I'm sorry.

Reaction Score
I'm not usually a fan of trading for a guy who's about to need a contract. But does anyone really trust Gettleman to take the next franchise QB?

Reaction Score
If i’m correct we have a lot of cap room currently after offloading OBJ, Snacks and Olivier. If it doesn’t take both 1st this year i’m all about it.

Reaction Score
They need to get 2 defensive starters and a RT or Center by the end of round 2. That is if they aren't in love with any of the QB's out there.
If they're going to trade the farm for a QB do it next year when the QB class is supposed to be better (or make a move on Wilson next year with Seattle). Next offseason they will also have like 80-90 mil to spend as well.
If the Giants draft well this year, make a big move on a QB next year in addition to spending well in free agency, they will be a very good team come 2020. Yeah its a lot of ifs but there you go.
Three picks in the top 35 this year. They need to nail it.

Reaction Score
If i’m correct we have a lot of cap room currently after offloading OBJ, Snacks and Olivier. If it doesn’t take both 1st this year i’m all about it.
OBJ has a $16M dead cap hit and Vernon has an $8M cap hit so it's neutral with Zeitler coming back. Only $11M in cap space right now

Reaction Score
I’d probably do it. Giants have to find a way to put a good team around him though. I dont think the problem with the Giants is QB play though. Really, people think QB has been the problem last 3 years?

Eli isn’t great, he isn’t awful either. He is declining everyday. I get it. But he is still an nfl starting an at this age.

Edit: He is somewhere between 17-25 IMO. Eli makes mistakes and gets no running yards. So, that’s a big issue if you factor in mobility. He is least mobile qb in nfl.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’d probably do it. Giants have to find a way to put a good team around him though. I dont think the problem with the Giants is QB play though. Really, people think QB has been the problem last 3 years?

Eli isn’t great, he isn’t awful either. He is declining everyday. I get it. But he is still an nfl starting an at this age.
He is not the only problem, but he is absolutely A problem. If he's a starting QB in the NFL it's one of the 4 or 5 worst ones

Reaction Score
OBJ has a $16M dead cap hit and Vernon has an $8M cap hit so it's neutral with Zeitler coming back. Only $11M in cap space right now[/QUOTE]
Wilson's going to want $20m per at least. I would think.

Reaction Score
He is not the only problem, but he is absolutely A problem. If he's a starting QB in the NFL it's one of the 4 or 5 worst ones

I don’t think he is bottom 4 or 5. Let me make a list. And, I will err on the side Eli sucks, just be fair.

We will go off 2019 only. It won’t include future potential.

Reaction Score
I don’t think he is bottom 4 or 5. Let me make a list. And, I will err on the side Eli sucks, just be fair.

We will go off 2019 only. It won’t include future potential.
For just 2019 McCoy, Flacco, Mariotta, Foles, Allen, Rosen are the only ones with a case. And I'd take the second half of those over Eli

Reaction Score
For just 2019 McCoy, Flacco, Mariotta, Foles, Allen, Rosen are the only ones with a case. And I'd take the second half of those over Eli

Nah. Eli is getting knocked down because of lack of mobility. His throwing stats compare to Matt Stanford, and even at this age, I like him over a low ceiling qb like Andy dalton and Marcus mariota.

He isn’t as bad as you think he is. And wasn’t. 4300 yards passing with that o-line isn’t terrible. They are going to be 6-10 or 7-9 this year with Eli. It is what it is.

But I dont think Haskins is a good pro prospect. I would take Wilson in a heartbeat though. Excellent QB.

Reaction Score
Nah. Eli is getting knocked down because of lack of mobility. His throwing stats compare to Matt Stanford, and even at this age, I like him over a low ceiling qb like Andy dalton and Marcus mariota.

He isn’t as bad as you think he is. And wasn’t. 4300 yards passing with that o-line isn’t terrible. They are going to be 6-10 or 7-9 this year with Eli. It is what it is.

But I dont think Haskins is a good pro prospect. I would take Wilson in a heartbeat though. Excellent QB.
I don't want Haskins either, Rosen or Wilson would be great.

You can cite the passing yards but he was statistically one of the worst QBs in the NFL last year. Only 5 QBs lower than him, 2 were rookies and 2 are no longer starting

Final list of PFF's highest-graded quarterbacks in the NFL in 2018 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

Reaction Score
That’s way too many $$,$$$,$$$ and picks for Gmen right now. That’s the move by a very good team that needs just a QB, not by a team who need upgrades at most defensive positions. He’s playing the market right now. D needs way too much to stop looking like this Head bang Perfect storm with great D draft and all the high picks.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

Haskins is young. Brings more to the table than Manning does. However, like I said above, Manning is the QB for 2 more years. So Wilson or Haskins won't see minute one. How many QB's has the Giants drafted over the last 10 years. Put them all together you won't get 1 quarter. And I am high balling. I was Mannings biggest fan. But it is time.

Reaction Score
Haskins is this year's Teddy Bridgewater. Unlikely the Giants take him at #6 unless the entire front office suffers a massive stroke.

Wilson wants an a percentage of the salary cap that would change his salary every year.

He won't get it in Seattle and he won't get it in New York. This is just posturings by Wilson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom