OT Seahawks Wilson & Giants | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT Seahawks Wilson & Giants

Reaction Score
Eli is bottom 5. Wilson isn't a top 5 QB. May not even be top 10. I wouldn't trade a single first rounder for him if I had to pay him what Seattle just did. Trading a bunch of picks and paying him $140M over 4 years would be a ticket to losing for years.
What about paying our current QB an absurb amount?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
QBs I'd take over Wilson for 2019 for certain: Mahomes, Rodgers
QBs I'd consider: Luck, Big Ben (probably not due to injuries though)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You can't name 10 quarterbacks better than Wilson. If he's not in the top 5, he's in the top 6 or 7 at worst.

He was #11 on this list. NFL Total Quarterback Rating - National Football League - ESPN
Guys I think are better:
Mahomes
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Luck
Roethlisberger
Ryan
Wentz
Goff

Guys that are roughly equivalent
Rivers
Watson
Cousins
Newton

Guys I'd Rather have based on upside/age

Mayfield
Darnold

Controlling for age, contract/salary and upside: The guys I would most want on my team right now if I was the Giants (I'm a Pats fan).
1. Mahomes
2. Mayfield
3. Wentz
4. Goff
5. Watson
6. Darnold
I honestly wouldn't trade for anybody but those guys. Much better off drafting somebody. Giving up a first round pick for a QB who is highly paid is just insane in the modern NFL.

Reaction Score
You still think Eli is a top 10 qb, you're terrible at this.

No I don’t think he's Top 10 but if that makes you feel better about your awful thoughts then congrats.:rolleyes:

As a fan they make out better drafting better players and keeping Eli even if they are at 6-10,7-9 because they need impact youth in a lot of positions. They weren't winning anything with Wilson either, maybe if Beckham were still there but not without. Funny you mentioned in one post how many wins Russell had with out any talent for him yet you, as one of the ultimate Eli haters, never gave Eli an inch when they were playing with WRs we never heard of for the last 6 games 2 years ago, no OBJ this year and an offensive line made up of swiss cheese to go along with that. Strange as a fan to me but hey that's just me.

Hey he stayed with the Seahawks good for us Dave G couldn't make that mistake.

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He was #11 on this list. NFL Total Quarterback Rating - National Football League - ESPN
Guys I think are better:
Mahomes
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Luck
Roethlisberger
Ryan
Wentz
Goff

Rivers
Watson
Cousins
Newton

Mayfield
Darnold

Controlling for age, contract/salary and upside: The guys I would most want on my team right now if I was the Giants (I'm a Pats fan).
1. Mahomes
2. Mayfield
3. Wentz
4. Goff
5. Watson
6. Darnold
I honestly wouldn't trade for anybody but those guys. Much better off drafting somebody. Giving up a first round pick for a QB who is highly paid is just insane in the modern NFL.

Goff and Roethlisberger are definitely not better than Russell; you can argue on Luck, Ryan, and Wentz too but I'd probably take Wilson over all of them. Cousins and Newton aren't even close to Wilson; Rivers and Watson are good but I would still comfortably take Russell over them.

Wilson plays in a run-happy offense and is rarely asked to shoulder the load, but he is a terrific quarterback throwing the ball. If the Seahawks ever opened up their offense and actually invested in the receiver position they would score a bunch of points.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Guys I think are better:
Mahomes
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Luck
Roethlisberger
Ryan
Wentz
Goff

Rivers
Watson
Cousins
Newton

Mayfield
Darnold

1. Mahomes
2. Mayfield
3. Wentz
4. Goff
5. Watson
6. Darnold

So, you have six QB's you'd definitely rather have based on performance/age/contract than Wilson. Fair enough.

Someone saying he's Top 5 isn't out of the question.

After watching Tiger this weekend you may want to add being up to the moment and winning when it all matters.
Wilson won a SB and was a yard away from two straight. Some QB's (Matt Ryan) haven't ever been able to get over the top. Wilson has shown he can. Ben and Eli showed they could too.

I don't know how you quantify that but I like knowing I have a QB on my team that can seal the deal in the big game.

Reaction Score
If the Giants hit on a good rookie QB they can contend for a Superbowl in 3 years when he is still on the rookie deal. Paying huge dollars for QB rarely works, most teams making the superbowl these days have QBs on their rookie deal (Rams, Eagles). Patriots are an exception to everything.

Reaction Score
If the Giants hit on a good rookie QB they can contend for a Superbowl in 3 years when he is still on the rookie deal. Paying huge dollars for QB rarely works, most teams making the superbowl these days have QBs on their rookie deal (Rams, Eagles). Patriots are an exception to everything.

Patriots have QB that is more concerned about winning that maximizing his salary. He gets 15M per year...he should be getting 40...that gives the Pats a lot of extra $$ to spend on the roster

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Patriots have QB that is more concerned about winning that maximizing his salary. He gets 15M per year...he should be getting 40...that gives the Pats a lot of extra $$ to spend on the roster

It's easy to not care about maximizing your salary when your wife makes more than most NFL QBs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom