OT- SDSU's Steve Fisher to Retire | The Boneyard

OT- SDSU's Steve Fisher to Retire

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Sources: SDSU's Fisher decides to retire

sad.

San Diego State men's basketball coach Steve Fisher, who led Michigan to the national title in 1989, has decided to retire, multiple sources told ESPN.

Fisher, 72, had completely rebuilt the Aztecs' program -- which had losing campaigns in 13 of the previous 14 seasons before his arrival in 1999. San Diego State went to the NCAA tournament six straight seasons from 2009 to 2015 -- and made a pair of Sweet 16 appearances. The Aztecs were 19-14 this past season and 9-9 in the Mountain West.

Assistant coach Brian Dutcher, who has been with Fisher since 1989, has been the coach-in-waiting and will take over for Fisher.

Fisher was best-known for his nine-year stint at Michigan -- in which he led the Wolverines to a national title in 1989 as the interim head coach. Bill Frieder was fired after announcing he was headed to Arizona State after the conclusion of the season.

Reaction Score
"Fisher was best-known for his nine-year stint at Michigan -- in which he led the Wolverines to a national title in 1989 as the interim head coach"

I hope a similar quote isn't written about KO years from now

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Kawhi Leonard against Kemba Walker in a sweet 16 game. There certainly hasn't been two players that great going against each other in the tournament since then.

That was a heck of a game.

Funny that Leonard wasn't even the best player UConn faced on that road to the title.

I still can't believe the way Leonard changed his game from a slingshot jump shooter, classic tweener type to the offensive force he's become. Big props to him for changing his game like that.

Reaction Score
That was a heck of a game.

Funny that Leonard wasn't even the best player UConn faced on that road to the title.

I still can't believe the way Leonard changed his game from a slingshot jump shooter, classic tweener type to the offensive force he's become. Big props to him for changing his game like that.

That Spurs shooting coach (Chip Engelland) is worth his weight in gold. Leonard deserves tons of credit of course as well, he has the absolute perfect demeanor and work ethic. He is my favorite player in the NBA.

It's amazing to compare to different careers of Derrick Williams and Kawhi. Williams definitely instilled more fear in me that year. Now, he isn't even the best player from the Zona squad in the NBA. And Solomon Hill is no stud.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
72? Should have been you, Boeheim.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That Spurs shooting coach (Chip Engelland) is worth his weight in gold. Leonard deserves tons of credit of course as well, he has the absolute perfect demeanor and work ethic. He is my favorite player in the NBA.

It's amazing to compare to different careers of Derrick Williams and Kawhi. Williams definitely instilled more fear in me that year. Now, he isn't even the best player from the Zona squad in the NBA. And Solomon Hill is no stud.

Agreed. If I was starting an NBA franchise I'd start by tripling his salary. Look at some of the guy's he's turned into shooters.

Williams man....I got nothing. Absolutely nothing about how in the hell that happened. He was an unstoppable wrecking machine.

Reaction Score
Kawhi Leonard against Kemba Walker in a sweet 16 game. There certainly hasn't been two players that great going against each other in the tournament since then.
I'll never forget how I only noticed Kemba (probably due to his postseason greatness) and practically ignored Kawhi. Biased eyes sometimes can make one unappreciative of opponents' talent.

Anyway when I always watch the replay of that game, then do I notice that Kawhi was a stud and that him and Kemba were the two best players on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom