OT: scoreboard for the women's British Open | The Boneyard

OT: scoreboard for the women's British Open

Reaction Score
Interesting that you are not a big fan of Wie....she is so much more likable now that her father isn't looking over her shoulder on and off the course...my sense is that she is very popular with other tour players....anyway, my favs are Wie, Stacy Lewis( played in a pro/am with her) and the Korda sisters

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Blake - Several years ago I posted my disappointment here at the direction that the LPGA had taken. A lifelong LPGA fan (attended my 1st tournament in 1970) and supporter, I finally got tired of the poor showings by American players and the tour dominance by the Asian contingent. I haven't been to an LPGA tournament or even watched one on TV in quite a while.

I caught a bit of crap for that post, but one of the reasons I became an LPGA fan was not just the game they played, but the fact that the players were so gallery friendly. Not so anymore.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
To be fair I 'blame' her parents for the golf-related choices they made for her when she was a mid-teen. That helped to develop a
sense of entitlement [imo] that was not good for her. Her graduation from Stanford was admirable....playing a part-time pro schedule....I would have predicted she bailed from The Cardinal after 2 years.
I do think she is now popular with her peers.

My fav is Lexi Thompson...up to #2 in the world....got to see her play several rounds in the USGAJr. Girls 17U at Hartford Golf Club....won it when she was 13 in 2008!
Dad was incredibly chatty and friendly. Keep improving her putting and she'll go to #1.

Olde Coach [I miss his Boneyard wisdom]...excellent golfer....and I [not so much] saw Michelle in 2003 in the 17U tourney in Fairfield. All the talent in the world...didn't win that week....should have learned 'how to win' by playing more top level women's amateur events rather than enter men's events where her scores got worse over time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom