ot: Samsung 6 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What is the news? People like it? I have a free upgrade

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I have the regular non edge variety, through the first day I like it very smooth and responsive. Battery only lasts about 10-12 hours with moderate to heavy use, but charges in just over an hour. Camera is best I've used on a smart phone or at least android. Overall great phone, I previously had a Moto x(1st gen). The build is top notch and the phone is very fast.

Reaction Score
you cannot remove the battery. So if the battery malfunctions your phone is adios and need to get a new one. I usually buy a 2nd battery for my phones as I am on them alot so cant have a back up battery for s6. Also cant take the sd card out or buy a 2nd sd card. Real disappointed in Samsung going this route, like apple.

Have heard the edge offers nothing of value vs. the regular s6.

Still debating if I want to get the s6 or stick with the note 4.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Doesn't bother me I have plenty of storage with the 64g, cloud backup. Charges quick enough don't need a spare battery just get a portable battery pack charger.

Reaction Score
I have the Galaxy Note Edge. Phone is phenomenal. Interestingly enough, I use the edge screen all the time, however I do not think that the one of the S6 is going to be able to do what the Edge can do.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I have the regular non edge variety, through the first day I like it very smooth and responsive. Battery only lasts about 10-12 hours with moderate to heavy use, but charges in just over an hour. Camera is best I've used on a smart phone or at least android. Overall great phone, I previously had a Moto x(1st gen). The build is top notch and the phone is very fast.

I have and like 1st gen Moto X very much, especially how well it fits for one-handed use w/a simple shock-absorbing cover. I'm acustomed to and like the pretty much stock Android.

Can you offer some thoughts/comparisons on switching from Moto X to S6, especially regarding size and learning curve to proprietary Samsung overlay? Also, while you're at it, performance. Curious why didn't you choose 2nd gen Moto X, LG, HTC or other.

My upgrade is in a few months, on Verizon, so I'm starting to pay attention, and last time I went in pretty sure I'd come out w/S4.

Reaction Score
So edge adds no real value for almost 100 bucks more!

The battery not being removable scares me. I've have several occassions with my S3 where i had to take the battery out to reset it. I'm guessing there is an alternative solution to this with the S6? Not too concerned with the storage.

How concerned should i be about it being a 1st gen? When would a beter 2nd gen version come out? I dont want to get the 1st batch and be sorry later that i didnt wait a few more month to get a better version of the phone.

Can anyone offer up alternatives that are competitive with the S6 that i should consider (non iphone)? Or is something else new coming out soon that I might want to wait for?

Reaction Score
I have a Note 4 and LOVE it.

I too prefer to always have a backup battery (even though Note 4 battery is great, lasts long time and also charges fast) and like to be able to add extra SD card.

Go Note 4, can't beat it - Hands Down - Best Phone on the Market.

Reaction Score
Isnt the Note 5 coming out sometime this year? Any idea when? Also arent those things kinda huge? Do they make a smaller version that is more the size of a Galaxy?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I have and like 1st gen Moto X very much, especially how well it fits for one-handed use w/a simple shock-absorbing cover. I'm acustomed to and like the pretty much stock Android.

Can you offer some thoughts/comparisons on switching from Moto X to S6, especially regarding size and learning curve to proprietary Samsung overlay? Also, while you're at it, performance. Curious why didn't you choose 2nd gen Moto X, LG, HTC or other.

My upgrade is in a few months, on Verizon, so I'm starting to pay attention, and last time I went in pretty sure I'd come out w/S4.
I was most hesitant about switching because I've had stock android for my last 2 phones Galaxy nexus and Moto X, also really loved the active notifications and screen size on the x. Still getting used to having to hit a button to see the time again. On the plus side the camera is amazing coming from those 2 phones both ok cameras but this is really top notch for a smartphone. Size is really not that big an issue I like the extra real estate and the phone is so thin on both sides of the screen and the build is very very solid. I also think it feels fine in hand rounded edges enough to get some good grip biggest difference from zero is flat back vs rounded back. Battery life is very similar to the X so that wouldn't change although it charges in just over an hour and the performance is like lightning in terms of responsiveness and transitions vs the x. Like me the non removable battery/SD card argument was moot coming from the x. I chose Samsung vs the other phones you mentioned because I wanted something that felt different and new vs the x don't get me wrong loved stock android but the Samsung overlay really isn't that bad on the s6. I also liked the direction they went with premium build quality vs plastic and I liked the brighter colors and layout vs say the m9. Hope this helps still adjusting after one weekend with the phone but I have no problems so far.

Reaction Score
you cannot remove the battery. So if the battery malfunctions your phone is adios and need to get a new one. I usually buy a 2nd battery for my phones as I am on them alot so cant have a back up battery for s6. Also cant take the sd card out or buy a 2nd sd card. Real disappointed in Samsung going this route, like apple.

Have heard the edge offers nothing of value vs. the regular s6.

Still debating if I want to get the s6 or stick with the note 4.
i'm disappointed in that as well. i'm looking at the lg g4 that should be revealed any day now which i think still has the removable battery and sd card. The lg g3 had some great reviews as well.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So edge adds no real value for almost 100 bucks more!

The battery not being removable scares me. I've have several occassions with my S3 where i had to take the battery out to reset it. I'm guessing there is an alternative solution to this with the S6? Not too concerned with the storage.

How concerned should i be about it being a 1st gen? When would a beter 2nd gen version come out? I dont want to get the 1st batch and be sorry later that i didnt wait a few more month to get a better version of the phone.

Can anyone offer up alternatives that are competitive with the S6 that i should consider (non iphone)? Or is something else new coming out soon that I might want to wait for?
What does the S6 offer that the S5 doesn't. I have an S3 right now but it is well over 2 years old. Had I known, I would have waited a couple months for the S4 and gotten the S3 on the cheap. On the other hand, Verizon is offering deep discounts on the S6 for some reason. I also feel like it would be better to wait until Samsung worked out the bugs before purchasing an S6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom