OT: Sad or Angry | The Boneyard

OT: Sad or Angry

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sorry to do this, but some of youse need to let it out in a better way. So whether it's sadness or anger, let it out.

Everybody Hurts - REM

Reaction Score
Sorry to do this, but some of youse need to let it out in a better way. So whether it's sadness or anger, let it out.

Everybody Hurts - REM

Been watching "My Cousin Vinny" too many times?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Here's one for the angry.

Killing In The Name - Rage Against The Machine

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This song came to mind. I'd play a more colorful version, but all seem to have Liz Brewer a go going and if I posted, I get a whipping!

Reaction Score
Just really disappointed. Not because UConn lost. That is not the point. But because I think I (and all of you, too) know how good this team. Yes it has flaws and yes, it is painfully thin. But we all know what this team looks like on a good day -- like how they beat Houston recently -- and I'm not asking for them to look like they look on their best day (I would argue against ND).

The problem for me is that so much of the time they look nothing like their "good day" performance. They underperform, and that is something that none of us are used to. It's been years since I saw UConn players just chucking 'em up there. And when I -- far from the most knowledgeable of observers -- recognize that they are rushing shots, they really, really must be rushing shots. And the level of consistency that has been a hallmark of UConn teams for years just isn't there. Not in the team as a whole and not in the two star players, Napheesa, who misses more in-close shots than she should, and Katie Lou, who suddenly is not the invincible three-point shooter we thought she was.

Geno is the best coach in the business, but if the team won't or can't do what he wants them to do, he cannot exactly go out on the floor and play in their place. I don't know what his game plan was yesterday, but I am absolutely positive that he had one, and I don't for a minute believe the team executed it. This is to take nothing away from Louisville, which was absolutely the better team that night.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I hadn't seen this animation before, but here's a bit of melodrama from one of my current favorite artists:

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm neither angry nor sad, but I am disappointed. I've taken my expectations for the team and season down a notch; a return to where I was, and so many others were, as the season commenced. But I'm still hoping we get to send Phee and Lou off right and I hope each team member will break free of their limits induced by the weight of history and our expectations. Let it go girls.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm posting this one just cause it's so good. The guitar work at the beginning is unbelievable. But it's also apt in a kind of a roundabout way. For all the doom and gloom, "should've quit you a long time ago," sums it up if taken to an absurd length. I think Led Zeppelin had to pay Howlin' Wolf royalties for the Lemon Song, which was largely lifted from Killing Floor.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I'm posting this one just cause it's so good. The guitar work at the beginning is unbelievable. But it's also apt in a kind of a roundabout way. For all the doom and gloom, "should've quit you a long time ago," sums it up if taken to an absurd length. I think Led Zeppelin had to pay Howlin' Wolf royalties for the Lemon Song, which was largely lifted from Killing Floor.

Great song. I agree. Not sure of the relevance, but great song my friend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom