OT Sacred Heart baseball without a home | The Boneyard

OT Sacred Heart baseball without a home

Reaction Score
Sacred Heart released its baseball schedule today. With the closing of Bridgeport's Ballpark at Harbor Yard, the Pioneers have no permanent home field to play on this season. The team will get used to playing in New Britain as they have two NEC conference series apiece at both CCSU Baseball Field and New Britain Stadium. They also have a home game against Albany in Ansonia. That is it for their "home schedule", although Sacred Heart is scheduled to be the home team for one game at Fairfield as well. The Sacred Heart game this season against UConn is now to be played in Storrs, it was originally on the UConn schedule as a road game for the Huskies.

SHU Baseball Unveils 2018 Schedule

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UB should be getting a new baseball stadium in Seaside Park.

SHU baseball will land on it's feet somehow. They have a lot of money behind them.

Reaction Score
SHU is building an off-campus facility about a mile away off of Madison Ave.

Reaction Score
Where will UConn baseball and softball teams play while the new fields are under construction? New soccer facility is scheduled to be built on the current baseball and softball fields.

Reaction Score
Where will UConn baseball and softball teams play while the new fields are under construction? New soccer facility is scheduled to be built on the current baseball and softball fields.

I believe a combo of DD park in Hartford and ESCU?

Reaction Score

I believe a combo of DD park in Hartford and ESCU?

Don't know for certain, but yes, I would expect that most games would be played in Hartford and at ECSU. Dodd Stadium in Norwich may see the odd game or two as well. It also wouldn't surprise me greatly if a few March and early April games get played on the artificial turf fields at the University of Hartford and CCSU.

Reaction Score
Maybe McAuliffe Park in East Hartford could be used. UH used to use it and a pretty good Astro player (Jeff Bagwell) played there...

Edit: The stadium is Ray McKenna...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Maybe McAuliffe Park in East Hartford could be used. UH used to use it and a pretty good Astro player (Jeff Bagwell) played there...

Edit: The stadium is Ray McKenna...
When I was playing baseball for Rockville in the early 2000s we had some great showdowns with EHHS there. Very nice park.

I’m not sure if it’s even there anymore but Northwest Park in Manchester was awesome when they had the Silkworms of the NECBL. I think Manchester High plays most games at Mt. Nebo so that may be an option.

What do all of these places have that J.O. doesn’t? Lights!

Reaction Score
When I was playing baseball for Rockville in the early 2000s we had some great showdowns with EHHS there. Very nice park.

I’m not sure if it’s even there anymore but Northwest Park in Manchester was awesome when they had the Silkworms of the NECBL. I think Manchester High plays most games at Mt. Nebo so that may be an option.

What do all of these places have that J.O. doesn’t? Lights!

What's the name of that cool ol' neighborhood ballpark down in Middletown?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom