OT: Ryder Cup scoreboard...early [!!] Friday morning start | The Boneyard

OT: Ryder Cup scoreboard...early [!!] Friday morning start

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Ryder Cup 2018 | The Official Website of the 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National, Sept. 25-30 brought to you by Rydercup.com

The matches don't start till Friday morning a little after 2:00AM...our time....matches in France
The link will have the up-to-date scores.

TV:
Friday Golf Channel 2:00AM to 1:00PM

Saturday Golf Channel 2:00AM to 3:00AM
NBC 3:00AM to 1:00 PM

Sunday
NBC 6:00AM to 1:00 AM

Friday has
4 matches of fourball [best ball]
then 4 matchs of foursomes [alternate shot]

Saturday ...same as Friday
Sunday....12 singles.

Note: I just read that both teams will be wearing yellow ribbons honoring
the ISU golfer Celia Barquin Arozameno who was murdered a few days ago....she is from Spain.

Matches should be fascinating. The home captain gets to set up the course to best aid his squad.
I hear the fairways will be narrow....the rough deep....and the greens not particularly fast.
In Minnesota in 2016 when we beat the Euros pretty handily the conditions were pretty much the opposite of that.

We haven't won across the pond in over 2 decades!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Finally, being an insomniac helps. Reed matched with Tiger (1 down after hole 1). Reed booed heavily as expected, Tiger both booed and cheered. Reed not playing well so far (1 in the drink) may pull Tiger down?
Tiger incredibly serious looking. Should smile and relax more but his game so far looks pretty good.

Reaction Score
I watched all night. I'd guess that the greens are about 9 on the Stimp meter. The Euros have done as much as they can to take the US power out of the matches and have the Americans play on greens slower than anything they see. Add that they picked a course they play every year, as opposed to the courses picked in the US. Despite all that the US leads.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
well, 3-1 US but Tiger - Reed did not play well down the stretch and gave up a 2 hole lead. Could have been a demoralizing 4-0 sweep.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So far, complete decimation in afternoon foursomes. Sweep very possible

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
So far, complete decimation in afternoon foursomes. Sweep very possible

Hopefully we can scrape out a halve or even a point in one of the two matches where we are currently 2 down....

DJ/Fowler & Phil/DeChambeau are both getting slaughtered! 5 dn and 6 dn ! :eek:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The debacle continues

1538209397132.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well Justin Thomas with a few clutch puts at the end salvage 1 pt and some desperately needed energy. US down 8-4

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I don't know if the captains get some kind of 'stipend' [got to make it sound classy] but if they do the
Euro captain should get a bonus. The course set-up with that brutal rough is killing us. Can't hit tee balls straight.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Molinari clinches it! Chants of “Ole, ole ole ole!” echoing

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I must say - I'm far more interested in the post-competition drama than the competition itself.

First we had Reed blaming Spieth for them no longer being paired. (I don't blame Spieth for wanting to play with longtime buddy Justin Thomas over universally disliked jerk Reed).

Now we have stories that Koepka and DJ nearly came to blows and had to be separated at a Sunday night post-match gathering.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Next time., we should challenge them to an MMA match rather than Golf.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I read today that one of Koepka's drives hit a woman directly in her eye. Normal type apologies and signed gloves followed ....with her kinda minimizing the injury to Brooks. She goes to a hospital and the doc tells her she won't see again with that eye. Yikes!

She is apparently going to sue the organizers....i.e. the European tour.
Noteworthy? I read that the Euro captain had put the gallery ropes further back from the fairways so the crowds would not trample down the tough rough since our lads weren't as straight off the tee as the Euros.

The injury is obviously a tragedy....no legal beagle here...but I don't see a suit being successful.

Reaction Score
Anyone who has ever flown 5+ hours on a trip then played a course they have never seen before knows how the Americans felt. That, combined with some curious pairings (why did Mickelson and some of the last month's worst performers get so many matches), provide a simple but likely accurate reason for the results.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom