OT - Rutgers, yet another PR nightmare | The Boneyard

OT - Rutgers, yet another PR nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can’t make this stuff up.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-sports/2014/05/35546/rutgers-rescinds-eric-legrands-invitation-speak-commencement

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2014/05/politi_rutgers_must_apologize_to_eric_legrand_and_let_him_give_his_commencement_speech.html

“Rutgers' athletic director Julie Hermann, however, called LeGrand on Monday to inform him Rutgers was going in a different direction.”

LeGrand has become a hero by turning tragedy into hope. Meanwhile, Hermann is a complete embarrassment (and my tax dollars go to her salary) to Rutgers and the B10. By keeping her on, just show how foolish Rutger’s leadership team is. Someone in Trenton or at the B10 has to call Rutgers and demand that she goes.

LeGrand has become a hero by turning tragedy into hope. Meanwhile, Hermann is a complete embarrassment (and my tax dollars go to her salary) to Rutgers and the B10. By keeping her on, just show how foolish Rutger’s leadership team is. Someone in Trenton or at the B10 has to call Rutgers and demand that she goes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What did Julie do here?

Nothing. This is all on Barchi. No one, not even the guy out to get Julie fired, has put this on Julie.

Reaction Score
Man. Rutgers needs a major league audit. Top to bottom. They can't even graduate students without it becoming an issue.

Reaction Score
What did Julie do here?

Nothing. This is all on Barchi. No one, not even the guy out to get Julie fired, has put this on Julie.

While Hermann has already done enough to embarrass herself and the university, you're right. This is on Barchi, who coincidentally has also done much to embarrass himself and the university.

You should get on your hands and knees and pray to whatever God you believe in and thank him/her for Rutgers' geographic location. And cable boxes.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What did Julie do here?

Well I guess that this is not on Julie Hermann is this cloud's particular silver lining. But that's like saying, "Pay no attention to the monsoon caused by the other clouds." The Rutgers' administration as a whole is a train wreck crashing into a dumpster fire.

Jay Bilas ‏@JayBilas 1h
Can you just let us know when Rutgers DOESN'T throw up all over itself? http://goo.gl/WJll4Y That'd save so much time.

Reaction Score
What, you mean the video you posted when the score was a lot to a little between us and Louisville?

Such indisputable proof.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe nobody ever died for dear old Rutgers, but I know guy who was crippled and tossed aside like he was yesterday's news by dear old Rutgers.

Reaction Score
The State University of New Jersey has every appearance of being one big, giant, enormous blight ordinance violation.

Reaction Score
What, you mean the video you posted when the score was a lot to a little between us and Louisville?

Such indisputable proof.

There were plenty of videos from the first quarter. Be a man and admit you were wrong.

Reaction Score
Barchi won’t go. He was picked/blessed by Governor Chris Christie to manage Rutgers’ $100 million dollar with UNJMD (I did not know that UNJMD was once part of Seton Hall). Christie, whose Presidential aspirations have taken a major hit recently, nor Rutgers can afford to screw the merge-up. It is bigger than Rutgers’ entrance into the B1G.

Barchi came from leading a major medical research hospital in Pennsylvania (Thomas Jefferson), graduated from Georgetown and spent most of his career at U Penn. He knows how to run large research entities; but, his does not appear to have the skill nor interest to run a state flagship university, the politics surrounding such, and its major sports program. Because of this, Rutgers needed a strong, seasoned AD with a clean resume to help fill in for Barchi’s weaknesses. Instead, Rutgers got Hermann.

Contrast that to Herbst. While I know many on this board are suspect of her abilities, she graduated from Duke and USC. In addition to stops at Albany and Temple, her career includes stops at Northwestern, Georgia Tech, and Georgia. She knows what a state flagship university is and has seen how important major athletics are for it.

Thus, if anyone goes, it will be Hermann regardless as to where the blame is for this latest PR nightmare.

Reaction Score
Looks like LeGrand has been re-invited to speak. Good for him.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
LeGrand must really want to speak. If I were in his position and they pulled the on-off-on again stunt with me (and only after the social media assault), I'd tell them where to go...but they would have to have two different sets of the same type of biological organs to go and do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom