OT: Rutgers Fires 3 members of football staff | The Boneyard

OT: Rutgers Fires 3 members of football staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per http://Scarletreport.com, coordinator Dave Cohen, QBs coach Rob Spence and o-line coach Damian Wroblewski have been let go. #RFootball

scapegoat.jpg

Reaction Score
They can't afford to fire everyone...so.....can Cohen and they rid themselves of the bullying story, the other 2 easy to place blame for bad O

Reaction Score
Otherwise known as a half measure. LMAO. Give Warde credit, he went for the whole shabang when he sent the dynamic duo packing together.

Reaction Score
Flood did win 9 and 6. PGDL would expect a parade. Edsall would wonder why we expect anything more.

Rutgers is playing ND in the Pinstripe Bowl, and some on this board contend that our win against them was not anything impressive.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Big 10 should fire Rutgers for sucking in every sport.

Reactions: THC

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
But did you see their official attendance was 37k, last night? Did you hear they had more people in their concession lines than we had at our game? Did you hear???
Who $&ing cares their Rutgers which = sucks

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can't figure out whether I care about Rutgers football any more. We won't play them again as long as UConn is in the AAC. The part I don't know is if Rutgers face planting in the Big 10 helps or hurts UConn's chances of getting invited. Still not sure.

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
I can't figure out whether I care about Rutgers football any more. We won't play them again as long as UConn is in the AAC. The part I don't know is if Rutgers face planting in the Big 10 helps or hurts UConn's chances of getting invited. Still not sure.
Thought we had a home and home in 15&16?

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
Do we? Whatever. That fact doesn't really impact the analysis. Do we want Rutgers to succeed or fail in the Big 10?
Fail fail fail fail and fail again it was a giant mistake taken them over us..GIANT!

Reaction Score
Do we? Whatever. That fact doesn't really impact the analysis. Do we want Rutgers to succeed or fail in the Big 10?
I don't think is matters what we want, Rutgers will always play like Rutgers - so expect them to be a non-factor in the B1G at least for the near term. I doubt (hope) that Rutgers play on the field will not influence any potential UConn entry into the B1G.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score

I've said this on CR board, and I'll say it here

RU to the B1G was never about RU being a competitive addition. Their performance is inconsequential. They have one four-way tie for the Big East Championship, during one of its poorer years. They're obviously not competitive in basketball. The move was always about TVs. It's the same with MD. With those two schools, the B1G gains two flagships schools with significant alum populations in NY, Philly, Baltimore, and DC. This was about getting the B1G boys in those TVs. But according to Delany himself, they want members who will help them pursue championships. That's not happening with RU or MD (they may not even be bowl-eligible-good for years), so I feel like this can't be all Delany really wants. I have my own delusional hope that MD, RU and maybe Nebraska will turn out to be land bridges for if/when the next round of expansion happens. RU allows UConn to be contiguous with the footprint. I think Delany knows that RU alone won't get him NY, and that UConn is and always has been his only real hope of capturing it. I think we know where the B1G could expand from Maryland and Nebraska, if say the Big 12 breaks up....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think is matters what we want, Rutgers will always play like Rutgers - so expect them to be a non-factor in the B1G at least for the near term. I doubt (hope) that Rutgers play on the field will not influence any potential UConn entry into the B1G.

I kind of landed in the same place, which is that Rutgers on field and on court performance does not matter. In which case, I want Rutgers to fail.

Reaction Score
Why do you guys still care about Rutgers? Shouldn't you be evaluating the likes of Temple, Tulane, Navy etc?

Reaction Score
Why do you guys still care about Rutgers? Shouldn't you be evaluating the likes of Temple, Tulane, Navy etc?
I see what you did there, very nice. Deflect the fact that you cannot defend that Rutgers Sucks in every sport sponsored by the NCAA and tell us to concentrate on our new conference foes. HaHaHa.

Reaction Score
Actually, in firing these three coaches and joining the B1G, Rutgers will now be fine and win championships on a regular basis. It was all that remained to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom