OT - RU Commits Bailing? | The Boneyard

OT - RU Commits Bailing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Something's up... Lost two 3* commits previously (CB Deion Hallmon and WR David Njoku) and now have lost two 4* commits in back to back days (WR Adonis Jennings and S Kiy Hester).

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...mitted_quarterback_addresses_iowa_rumors.html

Since it can't be the future conference concerns, I wonder if pushing kids for early commits (not just RU) is having an effect overall or if something else is amiss besides struggle this year?

Reaction Score
Something is up. Some of those kids were really talking up RU big time when they committed. They've also had a few kids transfer out. Interesting.

Reaction Score
Here is the third in 24 hours - making the total 5 in 2 1/2 months. http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i..._cb_lamont_simmons_rutgers_de-commitment.html

In this article about Hester "detaching" himself from RU it says:

>>"The whole thing with me was I wanted to take my visits and be 100 percent sure. I was still gonna stay committed, just take two-three visits to make sure I didn't have any second thoughts about it when I got up there or anything," said Hester. "I'm not trying to transfer out in college like I did in high school. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have any second thoughts."

When Hester contacted Rutgers head coach Kyle Flood to reveal his intentions, things did not go as planned. Hester says it was made clear to him that committed players taking official visits elsewhere is frowned upon and would result in him having his scholarship rescinded.

"I called coach Flood, and the way the conversation went, they basically closed the door," said Hester. "That's the way it sounded to me. That's how the conversation basically ended. He was just like, 'There is nothing left to say.' And that was the end of the conversation."<<

I can't fault Flood for his stance in some respects... Using a "commit" as a placeholder doesn't sit right for a coach when you have limited scholarships available to use.

Just wonder if there are deeper issues because of the numbers.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
word is B1G is considering swapping RU out, UConn in. Maybe the recruits started hearing the whispers?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here is the third in 24 hours - making the total 5 in 2 1/2 months. http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i..._cb_lamont_simmons_rutgers_de-commitment.html

In this article about Hester "detaching" himself from RU it says:

>>"The whole thing with me was I wanted to take my visits and be 100 percent sure. I was still gonna stay committed, just take two-three visits to make sure I didn't have any second thoughts about it when I got up there or anything," said Hester. "I'm not trying to transfer out in college like I did in high school. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have any second thoughts."

When Hester contacted Rutgers head coach Kyle Flood to reveal his intentions, things did not go as planned. Hester says it was made clear to him that committed players taking official visits elsewhere is frowned upon and would result in him having his scholarship rescinded.

"I called coach Flood, and the way the conversation went, they basically closed the door," said Hester. "That's the way it sounded to me. That's how the conversation basically ended. He was just like, 'There is nothing left to say.' And that was the end of the conversation."<<

I can't fault Flood for his stance in some respects... Using a "commit" as a placeholder doesn't sit right for a coach when you have limited scholarships available to use.

Just wonder if there are deeper issues because of the numbers.

Medic remember Edsall being like that when he was here? That was a big thing with him. Sometimes this stuff happens, and maybe some of these kids choose Rutgers to play together. If that option is out, then the tipping point in choosing Rutgers is taken away and the kid has decided to look elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Medic remember Edsall being like that when he was here? That was a big thing with him. Sometimes this stuff happens, and maybe some of these kids choose Rutgers to play together. If that option is out, then the tipping point in choosing Rutgers is taken away and the kid has decided to look elsewhere.

I guess the question is how long do you hold an "offer" when you know the "commit" is still looking around and taking official visits - before you move on to the next kid on your list.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Apparently they are worried about abuse from the new AD.

Reaction Score
I can't wait til UCONN figures out who's gonna run our ship. Once our stuff is in order then I can talk about the other guy if I choose.

Reaction Score
2015 4 star RB commit Saquon Barkley, is taking a visit to the Cuse.

He's probably gone too

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, I think Diaco was the lead recruiter from ND when they were recruiting Hilliman. Maybe this can be Diaco's first big recruit that will get our recruiting juggernaut going! :)

Yeah but ND never offered.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, I think Diaco was the lead recruiter from ND when they were recruiting Hilliman. Maybe this can be Diaco's first big recruit that will get our recruiting juggernaut going! :)
If Hilliman decides on another school I'd hope he gives UConn a look before choosing BC. RU made a big mistake staying with KF for another yr rather than invest in a proven HC. Somethings not right since Shady left and everyone thought shady was the problem?

Reaction Score
If Hilliman decides on another school I'd hope he gives UConn a look before choosing BC. RU made a big mistake staying with KF for another yr rather than invest in a proven HC. Somethings not right since Shady left and everyone thought shady was the problem?
J.H.'s team mate Sherman Alston an all purpose back committed to B.C. a few months ago. Both played at St. Joseph's Regional in Montvale N.J. together. With A. Williams moving on and no current established RB on the roster and a run heavy game plan to boot, seems like a great fit. Getting him on campus for this weekend was the hard part, Daz will take care of the rest. Never hurts to have the current Doak Walker Winner/H.T. finalist on Campus either.

Reaction Score
J.H.'s team mate Sherman Alston an all purpose back committed to B.C. a few months ago. Both played at St. Joseph's Regional in Montvale N.J. together. With A. Williams moving on and no current established RB on the roster and a run heavy game plan to boot, seems like a great fit. Getting him on campus for this weekend was the hard part, Daz will take care of the rest. Never hurts to have the current Doak Walker Winner/H.T. finalist on Campus either.
Your one of very few things associated with BC that I actually like but since RU B-recruit Giacone decommitted after Schiano left I decided I wished no luck to BC! Hilliman seems to love KF but after visiting BC...what does that mean?His HS coach is close friends with KF too and Savon Huggins turned down ND for RU! I'd really hate to lose him though especially to a team not ND,Mich,OSU or Penn ST but it does appear Dazzy is breathing some real life back into your program? For you BCINGYA I wish ya luck because your a pretty classy guy who doesn't take unwarranted shots at posters.Best of luck to you.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Your one of very few things associated with BC that I actually like but since RU B-recruit Giacone decommitted after Schiano left I decided I wished no luck to BC! Hilliman seems to love KF but after visiting BC...what does that mean?His HS coach is close friends with KF too and Savon Huggins turned down ND for RU! I'd really hate to lose him though especially to a team not ND,Mich,OSU or Penn ST but it does appear Dazzy is breathing some real life back into your program? For you BCINGYA I wish ya luck because your a pretty classy guy who doesn't take unwarranted shots at posters.Best of luck to you.

Get a room, ladies. And not this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro