OT: Roy Hibbert oh my.............. | The Boneyard

OT: Roy Hibbert oh my..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did any of you see this coming? I remember us comparing him to Hilton. I will say he gives me a lot of hope for Thabeet.

Oh and Paul George drafted 10th in 2010? Another shocker.

Well I am rooting for the Pacers to win this thing, with their bunch of nobodies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Please delete any thread complimentary of the Pacers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I love the Pacers. I've followed him since AJ's rookie season.

Frank Vogel is a beast of a coach. What he's done with the Pacers is remarkable..and he's really got a different type of coaching personality. Very positive guy.
Roy Hibbert is just developed wonderfully.
George Hill and David West are easy to root for.
And Paul George...could be the third best player in this league one day, behind Durant and Lebron. You could tell he was special as a rookie. But he's just got out of this world potential.
And Stephenson has even grown up a bit.

It's too bad Ray isn't on the Pacers instead of the Heat.

Reaction Score
Hibbert should foul out of every game. It's impressive that an uncoordinated lummox has developed as he has, but he is a fouling, defensive three second violation committing machine. I just don't understand why he is protected as if he were Hakeem Olajuwon or something.

Reaction Score
Hibbert goes straight up. Not EVERY time, but enough that he gets the benefit of that call.

He's a fantastic rim protector.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Did any of you see this coming? I remember us comparing him to Hilton. I will say he gives me a lot of hope for Thabeet.

I obviously don't know for certain, but it seems that Hibbert wants it more that HT. I'm not sure HT is all that motivated to be a beast in the NBA (from what I've heard on the internet...).

Reaction Score
I would much rather route for a team with true fans over artificial ones any day.

What makes the Indiana fans "true" fans? They have a pretty good team and suck attendance wise. Last night you could hear chants of "lets go heat". Basketball crazy state, when it isn't pro basketball that is.

Reaction Score
What makes the Indiana fans "true" fans? They have a pretty good team and suck attendance wise. Last night you could hear chants of "lets go heat". Basketball crazy state, when it isn't pro basketball that is.

It was a blowout and bandwagon fans exist in every city. The Pacers have a great homecourt advantage, how many of those Heat fans were there before the summer of 2010.

Reaction Score
It was a blowout and bandwagon fans exist in every city. The Pacers have a great homecourt advantage, how many of those Heat fans were there before the summer of 2010.

They are at the bottom of the league in attendance. Those numbers don't lie. And Miami has always supported the basketball team. They only time they haven't shown up is when they have had bad seasons, which makes them no different from any other fan base. This garbage about "true fans" makes me laugh if Indiana is going to be held up as the example of it.

Reaction Score
They are at the bottom of the league in attendance. Those numbers don't lie. And Miami has always supported the basketball team. They only time they haven't shown up is when they have had bad seasons, which makes them no different from any other fan base. This garbage about "true fans" makes me laugh if Indiana is going to be held up as the example of it.
Dude, Miami probably has the worst fans in basketball.

Reaction Score
Dude, Miami probably has the worst fans in basketball.

Based on what? I always find these arguments to be interesting because people fit the standards to suit their argument. I don't think fans here are any better or worse than the majority of fans anywhere else. Win and they show up, lose and they don't. It's pretty simple really. What drives me crazy though are these assertions of one fan base being so great when they clearly are not. All this talk of "die hards" and "blue collar devotion" are laughable to me when a team is damn near the worst in attendance. But maybe that isn't the standard to apply here. I mean, they do have a mental defective who showed up to the game in a yellow spider man costume, so that must make them true fans.

You want to tell me that there are some fan bases that stand out, I will listen and agree. Indiana Pacer fans aren't one of them though.

Reaction Score
Based on what? I always find these arguments to be interesting because people fit the standards to suit their argument. I don't think fans here are any better or worse than the majority of fans anywhere else. Win and they show up, lose and they don't. It's pretty simple really. What drives me crazy though are these assertions of one fan base being so great when they clearly are not. All this talk of "die hards" and "blue collar devotion" are laughable to me when a team is damn near the worst in attendance. But maybe that isn't the standard to apply here. I mean, they do have a mental defective who showed up to the game in a yellow spider man costume, so that must make them true fans.

You want to tell me that there are some fan bases that stand out, I will listen and agree. Indiana Pacer fans aren't one of them though.

This is what it boils down to: Indianapolis is a sh it-hole. Therefore, they have "real fans." Miami has the beach, nightlife, and is generally a pleasant place. Therefore, they have "fake fans." That's about it. By this measure the NBA should put a team in Bridgeport. Diehards like you read about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom