OT: Room thermometer for nursery | The Boneyard

OT: Room thermometer for nursery

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I have a friend who needs a room thermometer for her daughter's nursery. Her daughter has a medical condition.

She needs something that will connect to a computer and keep tract of the room temperature.

I saw one on Amazon that connects to the USB port, but it is the size of a thumb drive. I worry is will be sensing the heat of the computer more than the room.

My guess is the ideal device will have a cord long enough to move the sensor at least a few feet away from the computer.

Does anyone here know of an accurate thermometer that would suit her needs? If so, please reply, PM, or email me at tom@emery.net.

Thanks

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
If her daughter has a medical condition that needs temperature monitoring and control, she should look into adding a separate heating/cooling zone and using a web enabled thermostat for monitoring and control from anywhere in the world:

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/filtre...mostat-with-backlight-3m-50.html#.UD-V50JxIrw

I access this thermostat from my iPhone to turn up the heat as we are headed home from a day out, etc and to turn down the heat if we are out and not expected to be home during a usual warm period of the programming. Even without the zone hook up, you can check the temp anytime from any mobile device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom