OT: Roofing companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to replace the roof on my raised ranch-does anyone have any good recommendations for a company in the New Haven area? My guess is it'll cost anywhere from $5k-$8k.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Looking to replace the roof on my raised ranch-does anyone have any good recommendations for a company in the New Haven area? My guess is it'll cost anywhere from $5k-$8k.
I don't know anyone in that area I could recommend. Be prepared for the high end of that estimate. Maybe more if you use a company that does everything by the book ( workers comp .)

I used Dan Jacobs from Durham a number of years ago, and he was great. Don't have contact info, but if he's still around, you should be able to find him for a quote. I recall price depended on three factors - if you had to, or wanted to, take off the old shingles; the type of shingles you use, i.e., 15 year or 30 year architectural, e.g.; and contractor labor.

Beyond price, talk to past customers about the job site, or try to drive by a current job site. Depending on your pickiness, it can really matter whether someone cleans up at the end of each day, or leaves crap all over your yard.

Good luck w/ the job. A new roof can really improve a home's attractiveness.

Price going to depend on if you already have 2 layers and whole roof has to be ripped to start fresh. Also that might uncover other defects in your roof that need to be repaired.

Depending on size of house I really think you will be looking at 7-11k for raised ranch and that's without ever seeing the scope of work that has to be done

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Price going to depend on if you already have 2 layers and whole roof has to be ripped to start fresh. Also that might uncover other defects in your roof that need to be repaired.

Depending on size of house I really think you will be looking at 7-11k for raised ranch and that's without ever seeing the scope of work that has to be done

I am not a fan of layovers. They won't do anything to decrease the chances of ice damming.

Brother in Vernon just paid $7,500 for 19 squares, remove a layover and 8 boards of plywood were replaced.

In Tx, we just paid $12.5K for 43 squares, no layover, and installed a ridge vent.

My house is 20' x 30' and my roof cost $7k. It'll probably cost you closer to ten in New Haven.

Status
Not open for further replies.