OT: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2018 | The Boneyard

OT: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2018

Reaction Score
With the season over what is there to look forward to? Well, next Saturday is the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony. As a long time lurker who has appreciated the off-season music threads I know that there are quite a few Boneyarders who enjoy the Moody Blues and Dire Straits. Both groups finally made it into the Hall. Hard to believe that this was actually the first year that the Moodies made it onto the ballot. The R & R Hall of Fame nominating committee must be as blind (or deaf) as the refs in women’s college basketball. The Moodies are still touring and I try to see them whenever they’re in CT and they can still rock.
At the end of a show the Moodies tell their fans to “keep the faith” and that is what we should do as fans of the greatest team in college basketball.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
With the season over what is there to look forward to? Well, next Saturday is the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony. As a long time lurker who has appreciated the off-season music threads I know that there are quite a few Boneyarders who enjoy the Moody Blues and Dire Straits. Both groups finally made it into the Hall. Hard to believe that this was actually the first year that the Moodies made it onto the ballot. The R & R Hall of Fame nominating committee must be as blind (or deaf) as the refs in women’s college basketball. The Moodies are still touring and I try to see them whenever they’re in CT and they can still rock.
At the end of a show the Moodies tell their fans to “keep the faith” and that is what we should do as fans of the greatest team in college basketball.

Moody Blues' albums were virtual soundtracks in dorms when I went to college. Shame that Ray Thomas just passed....his flute solo on "Nights in White Satin'' has been called one of the moments that defined prog-rock music.

And Mark Knopfler's guitar solos on "Sultans of Swing," along the Bruce Hornsby's piano playing on "The Way It Is" define a later time period (the 80's).

Reaction Score
Seems like this thread needs some music.

Walk of Life

Thank you. I was hoping someone would add some music. This was my first thread and adding a video was a little too ambitious for me.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And some Cars.

Bye Bye Love

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members