OT: RIP Peter Good | The Boneyard

OT: RIP Peter Good

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
“He laid down his Robe with grace and the most intensely brilliant light and dark humor ever witnessed from this already very funny man, enough anecdotes to fill a book.”

Gotta love it. RIP.

Reaction Score
Yup. Even with a design background and one who has tested highly with pattern recognition I am sad to say that on this day heading into my 50th year on Earth I finally noticed the H in the logo. Now it’s 20x cooler.
And in my 43rd year I will join that list. Had no idea. Best logo- maybe in sports

Reaction Score
Love the logo but I hate to see it on Carolina players.
I'm a Canes fan, so I apologize. I know Karmanos is "public enemy # something" but I fell in love with this franchise.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yup. Even with a design background and one who has tested highly with pattern recognition I am sad to say that on this day heading into my 50th year on Earth I finally noticed the H in the logo. Now it’s 20x cooler.
Check out this video with John Hodgman. Skip to 2:40 or so. Peter Good mention!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The Hartford Whalers best attribute being their logo and CT people only standing on the logo are why CT doesnt have the Hartford Whalers and their awesome logo playing at XL.

Lawyers would call that " one bite of the apple"

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Hartford Whalers best attribute being their logo and CT people only standing on the logo are why CT doesnt have the Hartford Whalers and their awesome logo playing at XL.

The fact that they sucked for a decade was the biggest factor. They didn't make the playoffs their last 5 years when 16 out of 21 teams made it.

August_West

Reaction Score
The fact that they sucked for a decade was the biggest factor. They didn't make the playoffs their last 5 years when 16 out of 21 teams made it.

Like I said. Pats fans.

Should've been happy to have a major league franchise here, but not good enough for Pats fans New England. And that was before the pats were the pats, but the CT attitude and excuses on why they dont support their teams are forever constant. Its why Providence could outdraw UConn for home attendance from 2017-20. 4 time Natty holders over vs. 0 time Natty holders separated by 45 miles. But yet............................

Reaction Score

They left because of a lack of political will and Karmanos wanted to move them.

August_West

Reaction Score
They left because of a lack of political will and Karmanos wanted to move them.
Both things you say are true and Karmanos was the bigger deal there, the 90's for NHL moves was the wild west. But when I see the Whalers finishes blamed (which is what I replied to) do you disagree with that or not? Because if you are a small state with one Major franchise who can't put people in the building, that does not help, does it? It only gave Karmanos MORE impetus (granted he probably does it anyway) ......point being CT had a chance to support a big league team. Waquoit gave a Pats fans excuse. The results (attendance) weren't fantastic in the period where it made a difference. I went to more Whaler games than 3/4 of this board combined, (WHA and NHL) hell, I even skated that ice in between periods for youth hockey challenge. And I'm a dyed in the wool Ranger fan. Still I was there always. CT (fans and govt) blew their shot.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Waquoit gave a Pats fans excuse. The results (attendance) weren't fantastic in the period where it made a difference.
Around this same time, wise guys like you were lecturing Sox fans, telling us the Sox would never win because the fans support the team win or lose. After a decade of lousy hockey, the Whale's attendance slips a bit and the instant analysis is "Can't support the franchise, you deserve to lose it." At the end of the day it was Lowell Weicker's fault. He made the decision to sell to Karmanos instead of the local interest that made a longer guarantee. In return, Karmanos put him on the Compuware Board of Directors for over a decade.

August_West

Reaction Score
Around this same time, wise guys like you were lecturing Sox fans, telling us the Sox would never win because the fans support the team win or lose.

Im a sox fan. Fenway was fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom