OT- Richard Lagow signs UDFA contract with Chiefs | The Boneyard

OT- Richard Lagow signs UDFA contract with Chiefs

Reaction Score
he got a minicamp invite.. Different than being signed as UDFA signees typically get 3 years and some sort of a small signing bonus (better players large bonuses with some guarenteed $). Good luck to him

Reaction Score
Good landing spot for him. Big Red sucks in pressure games but he can turn qbs into valuable assets.

Reaction Score
Nah. Couldn’t care less. I do think P should’ve pulled his offer after his daddy told everyone that his dog ate his LOI though. I wouldn’t have let the kid on campus. The outcome was all too predictable.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I like the kid and followed him on Twitter. I wish any player that was part of the Huskies even if it is just for a week or two.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I like the kid and followed him on Twitter. I wish any player that was part of the Huskies even if it is just for a week or two.

I have a hard time subscribing to this.

Lagow turned his back on UConn before his first actual practice. I'm fine with him finding his own path, even if that path was akin to flowing water. He probably learned a lesson or two along the way, but the dog and pony show with his father (who should know better) and the events of signing day that year really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't wish any ill will toward Lagow, but I'm not exactly about to burn any additional calories pulling for him either.

On the other hand, I know the chances are slim he even makes the team, but I hope Boyle succeeds Aaron Rogers with a HoF career of his own. Unfortunately, I think form "Coach" Pasqualoni broke him.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Lagow turned his back on UConn before his first actual practice. I'm fine with him finding his own path, even if that path was akin to flowing water. He probably learned a lesson or two along the way, but the dog and pony show with his father (who should know better) and the events of signing day that year really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't wish any ill will toward Lagow, but I'm not exactly about to burn any additional calories pulling for him either.

On the other hand, I know the chances are slim he even makes the team, but I hope Boyle succeeds Aaron Rogers with a HoF career of his own. Unfortunately, I think form "Coach" Pasqualoni broke him.

I understand but think when the new coaching staff took three quarterbacks I would have been a little upset as well. Now I think he could have handled it better but I would have been upset as well

Reaction Score
I understand but think when the new coaching staff took three quarterbacks I would have been a little upset as well. Now I think he could have handled it better but I would have been upset as well

If you are a competitor you don’t care how many qbs you are competing against. You have confidence in your ability. Look at georgia, they are pulling in top qbs every class. I believe in one class they pulled two top qbs.

I wish him well but I have zero rooting interest. He bailed because he didn’t want to compete. I actually do give him a pass on the fake sick story because he was a kid and kids do stupid stuff sometimes.

Some of the college qbs getting looks by teams is odd to me. Boyle did not have a good year for an fcs school and Lagow was not good.

Reaction Score
I don't buy the "didn't want to compete" rationale. He came from a pretty good HS program at Plano, TX and when he saw the ineptitude of the UConn coaching staff he called home and said I'm outta here. His HS coaches were probably better than what we had in place.

Reaction Score
I don't buy the "didn't want to compete" rationale. He came from a pretty good HS program at Plano, TX and when he saw the ineptitude of the UConn coaching staff he called home and said I'm outta here. His HS coaches were probably better than what we had in place.

Don’t you think he would have a feel for the coaches who recruited him?

Like I said, I wish him well. Just have zero rooting interest. Don’t consider him a Husky.

Reaction Score
I could not agree more, Lagow saw first hand the circus that the UConn coaching staff was running, told his dad, and dad pulled him out of there. This is just another black mark on PP's incredible blindness at recognizing a talented QB. I will be surprised if Lagow does not find a job in the NFL. Throwing for 410 yards and three touchdowns against Ohio States vaunted defense last season was a testament to the kids ability, in a game that was nip and tuck going late into the 3rd quarter.

Last edited:

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

Wasn't Lagow about #6 on our depth chart? Not every player is Tom Brady, who can fight his way up through several bodies to become the starter. Lagow realistically saw that he had zero chance at playing in a UConn uniform.

He played at the same high school as my son and Rex Burkhead. I wish him well.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
As time goes by, I like to think that he took one look at the P/GDL s show, and noped out. His subsequent moves feed the entitlement story but it's really hard to fault anyone who bailed on P or Diaco once they got to campus.

Reaction Score
Such revisionist history on this board.

The kid was recruited by PGDL. The drama only started once Boyle decommited from BC and gave P a verbal. His subsequent actions after he left here confirms the kid avoided competition until he ran out of options. The NFL will give anyone with a cannon of an arm a look in camp but it doesn’t mean they are good QB’s. Lagow lost his job at Indiana and Boyle stunk against FCS competition.

Reaction Score
I do think Boyle got a raw deal here with the clowns in charge and I’m pulling for him.

But I don’t give a rat’s arse about Lagow.

Reaction Score
Such revisionist history on this board.

The kid was recruited by PGDL. The drama only started once Boyle decommited from BC and gave P a verbal. His subsequent actions after he left here confirms the kid avoided competition until he ran out of options. The NFL will give anyone with a cannon of an arm a look in camp but it doesn’t mean they are good QB’s. Lagow lost his job at Indiana and Boyle stunk against FCS competition.
Lagow never lost his job at Indiana. The freshman kid Ramsey got four starts during last season and that was it, but Lagow was their main QB all season throwing for 15 touchdowns during the season, and playing the entire game the last four or five games of the season, and splitting time with Ramsey during four games earlier. Talk about revisionist history!!!

Reaction Score
Lagow never lost his job at Indiana. The freshman kid Ramsey got four starts during last season and that was it, but Lagow was their main QB all season throwing for 15 touchdowns during the season, and playing the entire game the last four or five games of the season, and splitting time with Ramsey during four games earlier. Talk about revisionist history!!!

Wasn’t that because Ramsey injured his knee after replacing Lagow and was not available the rest of the season?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom