OT - Restaurant or Events near Tampa | The Boneyard

OT - Restaurant or Events near Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Visiting my parents this weekend (about 30 min SE of Tampa) and they've offered to watch the bambino tonight. Any recs for a night out with the wife? Restaurant or other?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bern's Steak House in Tampa is a legit legendary steak house that, imo, lived up to the hype:

http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/

Recommend the Special Chateaubriand (for two), followed up by a cigar, port and dessert in one of their private dessert rooms.

And then a National Championship...wait, what?

Cigar City Brewpub is more casual, with good food and great beers:

http://cigarcitybrewpub.com/

Ybor City for nightlife scene, very busy, bustling and fun.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I second Ybor City, especially if you are a cigar smoker.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just noticed Earth, Wind & Fire is playing with Chicago tonight in Tampa. Tickets still available. It's a sell-out up here.

Reaction Score
Berns is $ but good
la teresita on Columbus dr
The Columbia

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll make a few calls and see where we can get in.

Reaction Score
Try to get in Ulele just a little north of downtown. Great food and atmosphere

Reaction Score
Berns is $ but good
la teresita on Columbus dr
The Columbia

The Columbia always lets me down. However, everyone else likes it so it must be me. Well, my wife thinks it sucks too, but I know she's a pain in the a**.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Drive to St. Pete Beach for the sunset. Then to downtown St. Pete for the ambience. Then lock you wife in the trunk and motor over to Mons Venus to see how The Donald lives.

Reaction Score
The Columbia always lets me down. However, everyone else likes it so it must be me. Well, my wife thinks it sucks too, but I know she's a pain in the a**.

My tia is good friends with one of the owners and I think our experience is top fair. My wife had her shower there with 75 crazy Spanish relatives and had amazing food and trays of extra food. Connection go a long way in the Spanish community in Tampa

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
My tia is good friends with one of the owners and I think our experience is top fair. My wife had her shower there with 75 crazy Spanish relatives and had amazing food and trays of extra food. Connection go a long way in the Spanish community in Tampa
The Columbia restaurant itself is quite beautiful. I believe it might even be a National landmark.

Reaction Score
You need a Cuban sandwich and or a pork sandwich. Get a side of black beans and green fried plantains

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Visiting my parents this weekend (about 30 min SE of Tampa) and they've offered to watch the bambino tonight. Any recs for a night out with the wife? Restaurant or other?
Strip club. You'll drive past a bunch of them on your way to do something else anyways

Reaction Score
It is gorgeous and offers a great atmosphere (as do their other locations). My issue with it is that my meal always gets screwed up or arrives cold/raw etc. Just a string of bad luck I guess. My father in law has been going there for decades and he is a known regular. He thinks it rules and he finds it hilarious that it sucks every time I show up. My wife is just easily grossed out so the first time she cut into raw chicken they were gonna have trouble getting off her list.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It is gorgeous and offers a great atmosphere (as do their other locations). My issue with it is that my meal always gets screwed up or arrives cold/raw etc. Just a string of bad luck I guess. My father in law has been going there for decades and he is a known regular. He thinks it rules and he finds it hilarious that it sucks every time I show up. My wife is just easily grossed out so the first time she cut into raw chicken they were gonna have trouble getting off her list.
Sounds like your father in law has sabotaged you!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Heard Bern's is a bit overrated. Try Roy's or edison or Ulele or Grey Salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom