OT: Reminder... National Fried Chicken Day.. July 6th | The Boneyard

OT: Reminder... National Fried Chicken Day.. July 6th

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just a friendly reminder..... today is national fried chicken day :cool:

So head down to your favorite chicken shack..... grab a few pieces.. or seven..... and pair it with a nice light crispy white wine. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just a friendly reminder..... today is national fried chicken day :cool:

So head down to your favorite chicken shack..... grab a few pieces.. or seven..... and pair it with a nice light crispy white wine. :)
Awesome, I get a "KFC Free Coupons" ad on the right when I open this thread. (BeFrugal.com)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Awesome, I get a "KFC Free Coupons" ad on the right when I open this thread. (BeFrugal.com)

I have a ad for Freddy's Steakburger :oops: I dont think they sell fried chicken there

Reaction Score

KFC is bad for my health. It comes with fried skin.
My chicken fries (actually my wife's) are done skinless.
Potato, batter and bread crumbs are added for a crunchy exterior if the chicken is ground.
Oat meal is a quick (but not as good) substitute for bread crumbs.
Quick oats from a barrel at a natural food store.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I loves me Extra Crispy. Alas, it loves me not. Can't remember my last Kentucky Fried meal. Sniff sniff sniffle :(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I loves me Extra Crispy. Alas, it loves me not. Can't remember my last Kentucky Fried meal. Sniff sniff sniffle :(

tenor.gif

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
The BY fried chicken guru is August. Everyone else here is just a rookie.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The BY fried chicken guru is August. Everyone else here is just a rookie.
You obviously do not know Triad and food. :eek:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They really should only these national food days on Friday, Saturday, or .... Sundays. Head bang That being said.... I'll be celebrating today.... just trying to decide between KFC, Bojangles, or Smithfield.

Reaction Score
Y\

You missed the Mass Gen report in the Medical Journal----SOUTHERN fried Chicken is healthy and excellent for the brain and produces overwhelming feelings of well being. It further states that
the manner in which SOUTHERN fried chicken is fried --distributes the fat molecules to such an extent that they are near non existent in the served product--
So leave the guilt home and chomp down on extra crispy!!
I saw this in the Internet.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Y\

You missed the Mass Gen report in the Medical Journal----SOUTHERN fried Chicken is healthy and excellent for the brain and produces overwhelming feelings of well being. It further states that
the manner in which SOUTHERN fried chicken is fried --distributes the fat molecules to such an extent that they are near non existent in the served product--
So leave the guilt home and chomp down on extra crispy!!
I saw this in the Internet.

Hey, my cholesterol is just fine, but feeling like I'm having a heart attack off of acid reflex ... I'll take my chicken baked with a nice tasty rub. But I did love that crispy coating. Damn, I just drooled on my Huskies T Shirt!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I love the PDAs on the Boneyard. Leave it to Triad to post one on food. :)

At least up North, the chicken is crispy and the white wine is crisp.

southern-fried-chicken.jpg

Reaction Score
Hey, my cholesterol is just fine, but feeling like I'm having a heart attack off of acid reflex ... I'll take my chicken baked with a nice tasty rub. But I did love that crispy coating. Damn, I just drooled on my Huskies T Shirt!
Gerd---You joined a very very large club---I can drink water and get "heart burn".
I eat Omerprezole once a day--and eat anything--now some reports say it may kill me--but if I'm going to die anyway--why not enjoy that which is in front of me (no not my gut)-- I have done near 150 things and been in more situations that should have done me in---I'm not good to go--but???
Do you realize the punishment for drooling on a Husky T shirt?? That's why I only wear Sweats to games---or look at pix of the new kids.

Reaction Score
They really should only these national food days on Friday, Saturday, or .... Sundays. Head bang That being said.... I'll be celebrating today.... just trying to decide between KFC, Bojangles, or Smithfield.
Bob Steele, WTIC legend, often remarked : Eating an Apple is zero calories--the effort equals the calories--- If that is true---Fried chicken is 25 percent calories---40 percent bone, 35 percent added for enjoyment.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I normally dont get Extra Crispy when I go to KFC....... but I got a few extra crispy pieces this evening (along with a few original) for dinner ..... I would haved posted pics to taunt you, but they would be too big to upload.

I love the PDAs on the Boneyard. Leave it to Triad to post one on food. :)

At least up North, the chicken is crispy and the white wine is crisp.

Just wait til next week :D

They recommend a sparkling wine to pair with fried chicken....... so I had a glass of Prosecco .... not bad, not bad at all

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I would haved posted pics to taunt you, but they would be too big to upload.

Too bad triad, I'm very adept at vicarious dining. I have long feasted on your gastronomic excesses. But the damn drooling is an annoyance. Got to keep as lobster bib handy.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I love "Ralphs" fried chickens. In general 8 pcs for $7.99, but half the time they are on sale 8 pcs for $5.99.

NC has plenty of Fried Chicken chains....... KFC, Bojangles, Churches, Ms Winners, Smithfields, Popeyes........ and I frequent them all....... but they say the best chicken is found in gas stations. Imma have to do some taste tests and report back :p

One great thing about my city... is one of the Chicken places (Ms Winners) is open 24 hours from Tuesday-Sunday. They stop serving fried chicken at 4:00am..... but they start back at 7:00am. So if you are ever in Greensboro.... and have a taste for fried chicken, green beans and potato salad at 3:38 am.......... there is a place for you. :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I normally dont get Extra Crispy when I go to KFC.. but I got a few extra crispy pieces this evening (along with a few original) for dinner ..... I would haved posted pics to taunt you, but they would be too big to upload.

Just wait til next week :D

They recommend a sparkling wine to pair with fried chicken.. so I had a glass of Prosecco .... not bad, not bad at all
I had to go to my freezer and pull out some fried clams tonight! I was out of chicken.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
NC has plenty of Fried Chicken chains.. KFC, Bojangles, Churches, Ms Winners, Smithfields, Popeyes... and I frequent them all.. but they say the best chicken is found in gas stations. Imma have to do some taste tests and report back :p

One great thing about my city... is one of the Chicken places (Ms Winners) is open 24 hours from Tuesday-Sunday. They stop serving fried chicken at 4:00am..... but they start back at 7:00am. So if you are ever in Greensboro.... and have a taste for fried chicken, green beans and potato salad at 3:38 am..... there is a place for you. :cool:
I work in MD and Royal Farms Gas stations has surprisingly good/great fried chicken.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
2018 bump :cool:

Think imma go with the double fried 4 piece from Scratch Chicken and Donuts here in town.. 2 pieces with the Korean glaze. 2 pieces with the garlic and herb seasoning... Or perhaps the buttermilk ranch dry rub... Decisions decisions.. Washed down with a glass of prosecco..

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The question is - Harold's or Popeye's? Popeye's is more convenient to my office, but Harold's is the true Chicago experience. 1/2 dark with mild is my go-to. But you have to make sure to block out time for the critical post-Harold's nap.
4cfe60f4ee41f.image.jpg

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The question is - Harold's or Popeye's? Popeye's is more convenient to my office, but Harold's is the true Chicago experience. 1/2 dark with mild is my go-to. But you have to make sure to block out time for the critical post-Harold's nap.
4cfe60f4ee41f.image.jpg

Man that looks good :eek::eek::eek:

Always go with the locally based establishment :cool: Wish I knew of Harold's when I was visiting Chicago back a few decades ago Head bangHead bang:(:(:(

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
2018 bump :cool:

Think imma go with the double fried 4 piece from Scratch Chicken and Donuts here in town.. 2 pieces with the Korean glaze. 2 pieces with the garlic and herb seasoning... Or perhaps the buttermilk ranch dry rub... Decisions decisions.. Washed down with a glass of prosecco..

What? They do this every year?? :eek::rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom