OT Records where the artist is introduced | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Records where the artist is introduced

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Does it count if the artists introduce themselves?

This song always makes me laugh and feel happy. From the height of the "What's your sign?" era ... and the tail end of the age of all-dressed-alike suave R&B/soul groups.

Reaction Score
Does it count if the artists introduce themselves?

This song always makes me laugh and feel happy. From the height of the "What's your sign?" era ... and the tail end of the age of all-dressed-alike suave R&B/soul groups.

Great song.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
They were some guys from Houston, who not only sang, but danced just as good as they walked. ;)

An interesting side note about Archie Bell. He is the older brother of the late Ricky Bell who was a running back for USC, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Ricky was the PAC 8 player of the year in 1976. Bell was the #1 selection in the 1977 NFL draft. He also played for San Diego. He passed in 1984 at the age of 29 from a heart attack brought on by a rare muscle disease.

1596914290140.png

Ricky and a couple of his teammates would come into the local grocery store I worked at during that time, which was about 2 miles south of the USC campus. Everyone on the evening shift knew who he was. They came in year round. I got to know him casually. He was a good dude.

Two things I'll always remember about him. He was always cordial and friendly, and he was H-U-G-E. If you never saw him play, or don't remember him, a player he closely resembled in speed and style was Franco Harris. BIG, strong, elusive and very fast. The last time I saw him was at a Police and Fire Olympics basketball game in San Diego in 1982. RIP Ricky.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
An interesting side note about Archie Bell. He is the older brother of the late Ricky Bell who was a running back at USC, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
For real? That is something I should have known.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
An interesting side note about Archie Bell. He is the older brother of the late Ricky Bell who was a running back at USC, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Ricky did not dance as much as Archie! He mainly ran you over. Died tragically at the age of 29 from disease induced heart failure.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Ricky did not dance as much as Archie! He mainly ran you over. Died tragically at the age of 29 from disease induced heart failure.

Actually, he did. Ricky did all of his "dancing" between the lines on the gridiron, and was paid very handsomely for it. :) Ricky had the speed to run around you, and the power to run through you.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This is what sets the Doors apart from most musical acts. This is absolutely my favorite version of Who do You Love . The announcer is on kind of long; fast forward to about 3:00 for the song. Everyone in the band is absolutely at the top of his game in this one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom