OT: Really Nice To See There Were Adults In the Room | The Boneyard

OT: Really Nice To See There Were Adults In the Room

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A couple of days ago an ugly incident in men's Div 3 basketball started to get play. Duly noted and ignored, but it persisted, so I got curious enough to look at the video. It's very bad and does not line up with the ejected player's "I lost control" BS.

The transgressor missed a 3 point shot with no contact from the defender, but complained to the ref. Watch you will see it and then some.

An important little piece of evidence or two: the player traveled the length of the floor to assault his defender AND he checked where the baseline ref was looking before he decked his opponent. Intentional battery hands down.

It was a calculated assault. And it bothered me that he was going to suffer just an ejection, so I dug a little further. He has been indefinitely suspended from his team and barred from the campus. The local police are investigating charges. His name has been dropped from the team roster. A conference accolade recently won has been retracted. I'd say that is all warranted and it's refreshing to see.

D-III school suspends, bars player for cheap shot

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Expulsion from Fitchburg State, banned from the NCAA at a minimum plus off court legal action. There is no excuse or reason for any person to do this unless they are in an MMA fight.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Okay. First, it clearly looks like 23 was smacked on the forearm by 00 when he went up for the shot. The retaliation by 23, a forearm to the jaw, looked worthy of an expulsion. In fact, if 23 did that outside the arena it would get him a year in jail in NYS. What a dirt bag. I don't know about anyone else, but if he did that to me or mine he'd better change his address.

Reaction Score
A couple of days ago an ugly incident in men's Div 3 basketball started to get play. Duly noted and ignored, but it persisted, so I got curious enough to look at the video. It's very bad and does not line up with the ejected player's "I lost control" BS.

The transgressor missed a 3 point shot with no contact from the defender, but complained to the ref. Waych you will see it and then some.

An important little piece of evidence or two: the player traveled the length of the floor to assault his defender AND he checked where the baseline ref was looking before he decked his opponent. Intentional battery hands down.

It was a calculated assault. And it bothered me that he was going to suffer just an ejection, so I dug a little further. He has been indefinitely suspended from his team and barred from the campus. The local police are investigating charges. His name has been dropped from the team roster. A conference accolade recently won has been retracted. I'd say that is all warranted and it's refreshing to see.

D-III school suspends, bars player for cheap shot

ROCK : great sleuthing! Thank God sounds like some REAL consequences for this kind of brutal crap for a change - at least SO far. We'll see.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The opposing coach lauded his team for not retaliating.

Reaction Score
As well he should. Whatever that jerk was thinking when he sucker punched his opponent, he should not be allowed on a bball court.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Expulsion from Fitchburg State, banned from the NCAA at a minimum plus off court legal action. There is no excuse or reason for any person to do this unless they are in an MMA fight.
Agree , and if they are in the MMA the other guy knows it too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom