OT: Ray's pre-game shooting routine and his entourage | The Boneyard

OT: Ray's pre-game shooting routine and his entourage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet or not. Living in South Florida, I get to watch a lot of the Heat games and the extra features on the players. Last month, before Lebron's ridiculous streak, they did a feature on Ray and more specifically on his pre-game shooting routine.

Ray said after a practice his freshman year at UConn, he was walking off the court when Calhoun asked him, "Did you make all your shots today during practice?" When Ray replied "No", JC asked him why he was leaving the court. Ray said he stayed after for another hour or so and has spent extra time on his shooting everyday ever since.

As many may know, Ray is notorious for getting the the gym two hours or more before most players on game days. Starting in Seattle, he has gathered a following of teammates who wanted to join in on the extra shooting sessions. He had an entourage in Seattle, Boston and now Miami. The thing that impressed me is his current group includes Mario Chalmers, Rashard Lewis and one Lebron James. Lebron constantly works on improving his game and recognized three point shooting as one area for improvement. He is shooting over 40% this year from 3 as compared to a career mark of 33%. As a person and a role model Ray is a once in a lifetime type of player and someone we're extremely lucky to have as an ambassador for UConn basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits
Top Bottom