OT:Rasheed Sulaimon Commits To Maryland | The Boneyard

OT:Rasheed Sulaimon Commits To Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It seemed like they were a mess two years ago (the year we beat them in the opener). They had a lousy year and then had a couple of decent players leave the program. Turgeon reloaded quickly.

Reaction Score
It seemed like they were a mess two years ago (the year we beat them in the opener). They had a lousy year and then had a couple of decent players leave the program. Turgeon reloaded quickly.

UA pays well

Reaction Score
Maryland is loaded. I cannot wait to see that matchup. We will most likely be unranked and very very hungry. Lots of scouts will be watching that game at msg right?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
they should be ranked #1 after this
Naw. Sulaimon puts up ok numbers, but he's a ball-stopping chucker who will make their offense - especially late in the clock - worse. If K couldn't get him to stop playing hero ball, Turgeon's got no chance.

Subtraction by addition.

Reaction Score

SEE ...

For those that want to pontificate on the recruiting and the current state of the sport: Turgeon is the Case Study for what can happen with Transfers and fluidity. He lost SIGNIFICANT players after 2014. He had 3 Transferes (from Michigan, Xavier, etc) and then brought in more. A good Melo Trimble year at PG. And now they are saying top 5?

My point: you are never far away from the years UConn really performs with this new era. We aren't going to be UK or Duke; but, we can quickly get back up to compete.

Reaction Score

seems like them and Texas pretty much followed the same path. Texas missed the tourney, had mutliple players transfer out, Barnes on the hot seat, and then they made the tourney in 14 with a freshman PG performing better than expected. Added a top 10 recruit at PF/C, had heightened expectations and then completely fell apart. Trimble had a bigger rep than Taylor coming out of HS but he still played much better than what people expected to help save Turgeon's job, gonna be interesting to see how MD performs this year with everyone expecting them to be a top 3 preseason team.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Is he eligible to play immediately?

Reaction Score
I don't see Sulaimon as an upgrade for Maryland. Either way they will be very good this year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Adding Sulaimon is like adding a less violent, but equally miserable version of Doug Wrenn.

Might work, might blow everything up.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Wolken makes a pretty valid point

Sulaimon is worse than Dez Wells...if Dez was still on the team this year would they still be talking this pre season #1 crap?...doubt it

They have reloaded very quickly but I think the UMD fans need to simmer down a little. I know it's been awhile for them but be happy with the quick turnaround that Turgeon has performed and take it in stride.

I have a ton of UMD friends and they really are getting ahead of themselves. I can't wait to beat em in MSG though

Reaction Score
throwing numbers out the window. sulaiman is still an above average wing prospect. he had some tremendous moments as a freshman, just a volume guy who can hit shots. as long as he isnt high usage, he could be extremely helpful to any team. he is also extremely competitive, he could easily come out next guns blazing and shoot the lights out for turgeon.

Maryland got a lot of hype i can't wait to eat their lunch in msg. thats a game players need to take personal.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
throwing numbers out the window. sulaiman is still an above average wing prospect. he had some tremendous moments as a freshman, just a volume guy who can hit shots. as long as he isnt high usage, he could be extremely helpful to any team. he is also extremely competitive, he could easily come out next guns blazing and shoot the lights out for turgeon.

Maryland got a lot of hype i can't wait to eat their lunch in msg. thats a game players need to take personal.

Re. Stone? I think that the online fanbase is a lot more pissed off about it than the players are.

Reaction Score
Re. Stone? I think that the online fanbase is a lot more pissed off about it than the players are.
no not about stone, about them probably being a top 7 team and we'll be unranked. the entire team is going to be pissed off a la wvu in puerto rico this past year. I also think uconns top 7 players ( IF we grab gibbs) is no doubt even with marylands talent there, if not higher.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
no not about stone, about them probably being a top 7 team and we'll be unranked. the entire team is going to be pissed off a la wvu in puerto rico this past year. I also think uconns top 7 players ( IF we grab gibbs) is no doubt even with marylands talent there, if not higher.

I see what you mean.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
If you think UConn took it on the chin when fans were shouting laptop, waited until the man who won't take no for an answer hits the floor next season.

Reaction Score
If you think UConn took it on the chin when fans were shouting laptop, waited until the man who won't take no for an answer hits the floor next season.
except that man wasn't arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger