OT Rafa Nadal Wins French, Will He Catch Federer? | The Boneyard

OT Rafa Nadal Wins French, Will He Catch Federer?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Nadal just won his 10th French Open this morning in a dominating fashion over Stan Wawrinka. He's 31 years old.

Federer is 35 and seems to be coming closer and closer to the end.

Federer has 18
Nadal has 15
Sampras has 14
Djokovic has 12

Will Nadal pass Federer for most grand slams of all time? And do people not give Nadal enough credit for just how great of a player he really is, or is his dominance not played up as much as a guy like Federer's because he's won 2/3 of his Slams on clay?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Will an American male win a grand slam event in the next 10 years?

Reaction Score
Nadal just won his 10th French Open this morning in a dominating fashion over Stan Wawrinka. He's 31 years old.

Federer has 18
Nadal has 15
Sampras has 14
Djokovic has 12

Will Nadal pass Federer for lost grand slams of all time? And do people not give Nadal enough credit for just how great of a player he really is, or is his dominance not played up as much as a guy like Federer's because he's won 2/3 of his Slams on clay?
Federer just beat Nadal to win the Aussie Open but yes he can't go forever. Nadal can't go forever either but with Djoko looking like he'e done it opens up a chance for Nadal to win more, Federer will also have a chance at Wimbledon and the US Open. I give Nadal a chance since nobody seems to be coming along as a challenger.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Since 2010, Rafa has won 1 major other than the French. So it'll be difficult. But today it looked like he's got about 5 more French Open's left in him!!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

Federer has 18
Nadal has 15
Sampras has 14
Djokovic has 12

Will Nadal pass Federer for most grand slams of all time? And do people not give Nadal enough credit for just how great of a player he really is, or is his dominance not played up as much as a guy like Federer's because he's won 2/3 of his Slams on clay?
I don't think Nadal has a realistic shot to catch Federer.
First of all, this means Federer has to probably not win anymore (he has a good shot at Wimbledon and US), and that Nadal has to win some that are not on clay, because I don't think Nadal's body will hold up in his mid-30s like Federer's body has because of Rafa's play style.

On another note, Rafa is 79-2 in the French Open in his career.
That is absurd.

Drew

Reaction Score
Will an American male win a grand slam event in the next 10 years?
as of now only one who has a chance is Jack Sock if he can continue to elevate his game. He's grown tremendously every year but he needs to get in better shape and develop more consistency on his groundstrokes to have a shot.

Drew

Reaction Score
I say Federer is coming closer to the end because he's picking and choosing where he wants to play and he continuously hints at life after tennis with regularity. His body has held up for now but he's been in and out of injuries the last few years and you just wonder at age 35 how much longer he really wants to deal with the grind of practice/conditioning.

Rafa made the finals of the Aussie Open and just looked ridiculous at the French. You have to assume he will win 1 more French at least the way he's playing now if his body holds up. Thats 16. I could see him winning a Wimbledon title again to get him to 17. Really I think Djokovic is mentally distraught right now and Murray appears to have taken a step back as well. The question is will he be able to replicate his dominant January at the Aussie Open when it comes to the US hardcourt series and US Open. Should be fascinating to watch.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Federer just beat Nadal to win the Aussie Open but yes he can't go forever. Nadal can't go forever either but with Djoko looking like he'e done it opens up a chance for Nadal to win more, Federer will also have a chance at Wimbledon and the US Open. I give Nadal a chance since nobody seems to be coming along as a challenger.

Djoko's body seems to be holding up better than Nadal's though. Nadal need so keep that deer antler spray handy.

Reaction Score
Hard to know. It is always that last stretch that is the most difficult; age, injuries etc. Just ask Tiger.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom