OT: R.I.P. Keith Jackson | The Boneyard

OT: R.I.P. Keith Jackson

Reaction Score
“Whoa Nellie!”

Keith coined the “Grandaddy of them all” phrase to describe the Rose Bowl. The last game he called was the 2006 Rose Bowl, USC vs. Texas for the national championship (the game many here a few days ago called the greatest college football game of all time).

RIP Keith

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
“Whoa Nellie!”

Keith coined the “Grandaddy of them all” phrase to describe the Rose Bowl. The last game he called was the 2006 Rose Bowl, USC vs. Texas for the national championship (the game many here a few days ago called the greatest college football game of all time).

RIP Keith

What a game to go out on. As the articles have said, his voice was synonymous with CFB, and he did everything else well, too.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The college sports voice of my generation. Never interfered with the game on the field, never digressed into banalities. The best kind of broadcaster that hardly exists anymore. Goodbye "Whoa Nellie", we hardly knew ya.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Keith Jackson was, directly or indirectly, a role model for many of us who did sports play-by-play. He will be missed.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The college sports voice of my generation. Never interfered with the game on the field, never digressed into banalities. The best kind of broadcaster that hardly exists anymore. Goodbye "Whoa Nellie", we hardly knew ya.
Yup. Mine, too.

Good post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom