OT: Quitting Smoking.

Hans Sprungfeld

Too spicy for the Cesspool
My Mom really loved her cigarettes. She died of lung cancer. I've never even tried one. What am I missing, should I start up?
My mom died of lung cancer from cigarette smoking in late 1987. My last smoke was 31 years ago today, but it wasn't tobacco.

Don't start.

Day 40 is here. Going strong. Starting to add some light exercise to my routine. Truth be told, the last time I started I truly let myself go. 5 years ago I was walking over 7 miles every day, exercising 5 days a week. Feeling better a bit at a time. Tough part is I pulled a groin muscle right before I quit. I like this thread because It keeps my accountable.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Day 40 is here. Going strong. Starting to add some light exercise to my routine. Truth be told, the last time I started I truly let myself go. 5 years ago I was walking over 7 miles every day, exercising 5 days a week. Feeling better a bit at a time. Tough part is I pulled a groin muscle right before I quit. I like this thread because It keeps my accountable.
One thing I've changed about myself lately is a morning workout routine just to shake off the cobwebs and get myself going (I am not a morning person by any stretch). It's simple and quick – 25 push-ups, 100 curls (15 lb dumbbell), 60 tricep extensions, 60 shoulder presses, 10 squats and then a 60-second upward-facing dog.

It's really, really worked. And obviously you can do more/fewer reps or weight as you see fit. But I've found it's as good for my mind (gets me focused on my day) as for my body.

C'mon, the bread & cheese thread wasn't that bad.

Anyway, I bought a Juul yesterday. Not quite ready to be held accountable yet, though...
Get a Smok Novo instead of Juul. It's better, you can customize the level of nic salts (juul pods are all 59 mg), and it's way cheaper.

So my college roommate in his 50’s died of lung cancer and I was there for the chemo at times and was with him the final days in the hospital. Any kids that are smoking or adults for that matter should tour that floor to see what lung cancer end stage is like. My dad quit in his 50’s and lived into his 90’s, his lungs made a nice comeback. Usually not too late at any age to quit.

So my college roommate in his 50’s died of lung cancer and I was there for the chemo at times and was with him the final days in the hospital. Any kids that are smoking or adults for that matter should tour that floor to see what lung cancer end stage is like. My dad quit in his 50’s and lived into his 90’s, his lungs made a nice comeback. Usually not too late at any age to quit.
Or COPD. That’s a slower burn than cancer at times. You just end up suffocating in the end.

Hang in there. The silence this weekend was concerning. People are paying attention and rooting for you.
As rooting for you. I am. Wishing you nothing but the right decisions. My girlfriend smokes. Just like they all say. I only smoke when I drink, only when I am stressed, etc,... You can do it.

Smoked for 20 years...quit cold turkey in '06. Hardest thing I ever did, but started feeling better almost right away. I smoke when I business travel, but not otherwise. Pretty particular about my smokes and they're $11 a pack, so easy deterrent. Ganj is cheaper and you don't have to do it as often.

As rooting for you. I am. Wishing you nothing but the right decisions. My girlfriend smokes. Just like they all say. I only smoke when I drink, only when I am stressed, etc,... You can do it.
Ironic. Good time to check in. Helped me catch myself before I started up. Dealing with Medicaid. No excuse, glad you popped in on me.