OT: Quitting Smoking.

Up date. I made it through the rough patch last Tuesday. Got back in line and stayed. I was spending around $130 a month on cigarettes. On day 27. So feeling good. I have been wanting a new TV for close to a year. Pulled the trigger yesterday. 2 Years interest free, well under 130 a month. Samsung 75 Inch with Blu ray and Soundbar...Superbowl is going to be good.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
I have been wanting a new TV for close to a year. Pulled the trigger yesterday. 2 Years interest free, well under 130 a month. Samsung 75 Inch with Blu ray and Soundbar...Superbowl is going to be good.
Um... link me to this deal, please!

Up date. I made it through the rough patch last Tuesday. Got back in line and stayed. I was spending around $130 a month on cigarettes. On day 27. So feeling good. I have been wanting a new TV for close to a year. Pulled the trigger yesterday. 2 Years interest free, well under 130 a month. Samsung 75 Inch with Blu ray and Soundbar...Superbowl is going to be good.
Awesome, sounds like you may have it under control. You mentioned your wife smokes, I would recommend you get a pod vape for her. I said a mod earlier in the thread but meant a pod system. I got a Smok Novo a month ago and love it, already find the smell of cigs gross. Don't even pull on it all that much but it's absolutely perfect for after a big meal or especially drinking when you are really having a craving. You can also bring it to work and just take a single pull off it every once in a while, you certainly don't need to chain vape this thing.

If you think you're ok with cold turkey I recommend it for your wife. I would be surprised if she got one of these and a low nic salt that she wouldn't quit the stinkies. I used to think vaping was dumb because I saw either these huge mod contraptions that people would chain vape. They produced a ton of vapor, were too big to bring out with you and I just didn't really like the experience and the little ones that look like cigarettes are horrible and I'm convinced only exist to keep people smoking real cigs. I'm completely sold on this Smok novo though, once you find something you know totally got rid of your compulsion to smoke it's pretty exciting. It's also really cheap.

Awesome, sounds like you may have it under control. You mentioned your wife smokes, I would recommend you get a pod vape for her. I said a mod earlier in the thread but meant a pod system. I got a Smok Novo a month ago and love it, already find the smell of cigs gross. Don't even pull on it all that much but it's absolutely perfect for after a big meal or especially drinking when you are really having a craving. You can also bring it to work and just take a single pull off it every once in a while, you certainly don't need to chain vape this thing.

If you think you're ok with cold turkey I recommend it for your wife. I would be surprised if she got one of these and a low nic salt that she wouldn't quit the stinkies. I used to think vaping was dumb because I saw either these huge mod contraptions that people would chain vape. They produced a ton of vapor, were too big to bring out with you and I just didn't really like the experience and the little ones that look like cigarettes are horrible and I'm convinced only exist to keep people smoking real cigs. I'm completely sold on this Smok novo though, once you find something you know totally got rid of your compulsion to smoke it's pretty exciting. It's also really cheap.
The only problem is I tried having a conversation with my wife. She has stage 7 dementia. After we spoke of quitting, 2 minutes later it is gone. Believe me it would be much easier with her not smoking. Alas, it appears her time left is short.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
The only problem is I tried having a conversation with my wife. She has stage 7 dementia. After we spoke of quitting, 2 minutes later it is gone. Believe me it would be much easier with her not smoking. Alas, it appears her time left is short.
I feel horribly for you. God bless you for having the patience, understanding and love to keep going on.

My understanding of dementia is limited, but I understand at stage 7, the person may need help with all sorts of things as they've mostly lost psychomotor skills. Do you physically have to help with her smoking? If so, and you're quitting yourself, you are amazing beyond words.

I apologize if that's too personal a question to answer. Feel free to not reply. I'm simply curious.

Last edited:
I feel horribly for you. God bless you for having the patience, understand and love to keep going on.

My understanding of dementia is limited, but I understand at stage 7, the person may need help with all sorts of things as they've mostly lost psychomotor skills. Do you physically have to help with her smoking? If so, and you're quitting yourself, you are amazing beyond words.

I apologize if that's too personal a question to answer. Feel free to not reply. I'm simply curious.
No I do not. I do help her in the bathroom/shower, eating, dressing. She still knows how to smoke. Funny(ironic).

David 76

Forty years a fan
So sorry to hear this Madman. Even more props for quitting under duress. All the best.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
the video is not safe for work but google:

kyle dunnigan ray liotta chantix video. its on twitter, instagram and you tube. minute long and hilarious

UConniki

Trump university part 2
I used it the patch for a 2 months and developed a reaction to the adhesive, and if you wore it to bed you would have 3D 4K Dolby digital level dreams and if you took the patch off at bed time you were really wanting a cig first thing in the morning. Later on I switchd to the lozenges .... worked like a charm. Take one before getting out of bed and one every 2 hours or so and if you get stressed out , where you would have gone and chain smoked you simply take s lozenge as needed and your done. No withdrawals, no crabbiness, so stress, and best yet no yearning to smoke. Been 12 years. Health improved dramatically, even bought a $500,000 life insurance policy at age 62 for $400 a month after getting turned down 10 years earlier. Good luck

the video is not safe for work but google:

kyle dunnigan ray liotta chantix video. its on twitter, instagram and you tube. minute long and hilarious
I like Dunnigan and his Craig character is awesome but he pimped this from Chris Elliott...

i wish i could link the other one to debunk this crazy talk
Chris Elliott is one of my all-time favorites, he's right up there with Norm for me.

I had to pull this up because it's clear as day he lifted the whole bit from Elliott including yelling for Karen. I always liked Dunnigan, sucks but it looks like he has a history of stealing jokes and bits. Didn't know any of this but he writes for Schumer and has been accused several times.

I am wanting/ trying to quit. I know a guy who used the gum. It worked, but now he chews that gum constantly. My wife just tried chantix last week. She immediatley got nauseus, her heart started pounding and she got a migrane. I read the paper that lists possible side effects and it is scary. When I was young I quit cold turkey. Started again in 1990 for reasons I won’t go into. Stopped in ‘95 and was clean until 2004 or 5. Every night I was shooting pool in the backroom of this bar after work in California. No ventilation. Lots of second hand smoke which renewed my craving and now I am really having a hard time with this.