OT: Public Transportation from Boston to Hartford | The Boneyard

OT: Public Transportation from Boston to Hartford

Reaction Score
My son has his conference championship the same weekend that SMU plays in Hartford and I am considering making the trip to Hartford for the game. As a native Texan, I do not drive in the snow and was wondering if there are any public transportations options from Boston to Hartford in the event the roads are icy. I could just google this, but I figured some posters on this board may know the answer to this question. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Reaction Score
Bus is the best way. I'm pretty sure there is no train that goes to Hartford from Boston. Unless you want to go to New Haven and then take a train from New Haven up to Hartford. But that would be way out of the way and take too long.

Reaction Score
Think you can go Boston-Springfield-Hartford on Amtrak. Only direct line is Bus.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the responses, I will make my decision on how to get there once I make it to Boston and have a better idea of what the weather is like. I'm really looking forward to going to this game. As far as pizza is concerned, I would love suggestions becasue we did not like the pizza we had in New Haven. Though the place we went to did provide one of the more memorable experiences we had on our road trip. An older woman asked me if I was Kobe Bryant. I can see how she was confused seeing as we are about the same height and age, but I've got at least 50 pounds on Kobe and look nothing like him.

Reaction Score
shall we send him the links of the Chinese bus lines?

That line is not for the faint of heart. However, my actor brother swears by their timeliness.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thanks for all the responses, I will make my decision on how to get there once I make it to Boston and have a better idea of what the weather is like. I'm really looking forward to going to this game. As far as pizza is concerned, I would love suggestions becasue we did not like the pizza we had in New Haven. Though the place we went to did provide one of the more memorable experiences we had on our road trip. An older woman asked me if I was Kobe Bryant. I can see how she was confused seeing as we are about the same height and age, but I've got at least 50 pounds on Kobe and look nothing like him.
Where did you go for pizza in New Haven?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Modern Apizza
Sorry. I'm a big fan of the place, but I've had a few misses there over the decades. And some people just don't like the style. It's still my number one, all things considered.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Unless there is an active storm or your car's windshield/tires are bad, you shouldn't have an issue driving. It's all expressway.

Reaction Score
You should have no issue at all driving there is no snow in the forecast, the highways are consistently salted your fine but if you decide not to drive taking Peter pan bus out of South Station is the way to go only a 2 hr trip and less then a train.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the responses, I will make my decision on how to get there once I make it to Boston and have a better idea of what the weather is like. I'm really looking forward to going to this game. As far as pizza is concerned, I would love suggestions becasue we did not like the pizza we had in New Haven. Though the place we went to did provide one of the more memorable experiences we had on our road trip. An older woman asked me if I was Kobe Bryant. I can see how she was confused seeing as we are about the same height and age, but I've got at least 50 pounds on Kobe and look nothing like him.[/Q

Do you like Corky's Brick Oven in Arlington?

Reaction Score
You should have no issue at all driving there is no snow in the forecast, the highways are consistently salted your fine but if you decide not to drive taking Peter pan bus out of South Station is the way to go only a 2 hr trip and less then a train.
You know with certainty what the weather is going to be on February 25? Man, we all need to consult you on our travel and vacation plans from now on. :)

Reaction Score
Yeah why not drive? Its only 90 to 84 all highway about 2 hours. Should be no problem at all at least getting there. Might be a longer trip on the return side if we lose.

How bout renting an SUV/AWD (if you don't have one), if there is inclement weather in the forecast? Should only cost a little more than bus fare.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Just FYI on New England weather. Monday the high was 18, today was 52 and Saturday is supposed to be 31. There was 6 inches of snow in my yard when I left for work yesterday and none when I got home from work today. It's true what Mark Twain said...

Reaction Score
My son has his conference championship the same weekend that SMU plays in Hartford and I am considering making the trip to Hartford for the game. As a native Texan, I do not drive in the snow and was wondering if there are any public transportations options from Boston to Hartford in the event the roads are icy. I could just google this, but I figured some posters on this board may know the answer to this question. Any assistance will be appreciated.

I suggest you learn to drive in the snow. Not trying to be a jerk, but you should really take your car out one weekend it's snowing and just practice. You never know when you'll have to drive and what the conditions will be like.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I suggest you learn to drive in the snow. Not trying to be a jerk, but you should really take your car out one weekend it's snowing and just practice. You never know when you'll have to drive and what the conditions will be like.
The dude lives in Texas

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score

Like someone previously said, unless there is actually a storm the day you plan on driving, you will be fine driving. If not, get ahold of a snowmobile and enjoy the ride!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom