OT: Pro Bono Immigration Lawyer | The Boneyard

OT: Pro Bono Immigration Lawyer

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Hi everyone,

Im currently looking for an immigration attorney in CT who accepts pro bono cases. If anyone has any leads, id appreciate it. Also, please dont let this thread get political and then deleted...not trying to talk politics, just looking for recommendations

Reaction Score
I know Yale has been doing a lot of pro bono work with local immigrants here in New Haven. I'll ask a friend who works in the field and get back to you.

Reaction Score
Not sure what the situation is, but don't shut yourself off from legal resources just down the road in either New York or Boston.

You can also try contacting either Murphy or Blumenthal's office, or the office of your representative.

Reaction Score
Hi everyone,

Im currently looking for an immigration attorney in CT who accepts pro bono cases. If anyone has any leads, id appreciate it. Also, please dont let this thread get political and then deleted...not trying to talk politics, just looking for recommendations
Uconn law school has an asylum clinic that's very good if your looking for the hartford area

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I don't know what pro bono work his office does, but you can try this guy. He's a UConn alum and a former classmate of mine. The office may know of some potential resources even if they can't help.

Reaction Score
I don't know if they help outside of NJ, but Rutgers has strong clinics thanks to a very liberal faculty. This clinic didn't exist when I was there, but it could be worth a call:

Rutgers Law School Immigrant Rights Clinic

973-353-5292

Students in this 6-credit clinic serve immigrants who need individual client representation and broader advocacy, including relief from removal, applications for asylum and refugee status, and protection for victims of human trafficking, battered immigrants, or abused, abandoned or neglected immigrant children. (based in Newark)

Reaction Score
PM'ed you contact info of my immigration lawyer friend. If she can't help ya, she'll find someone who can.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Hey, thanks everyone.

Spoke with YLS, but they unfortunately only take cases in September/January at the beginning of the semesters. There are a couple of pro bono possibilities, and then a couple of immigration lawyers who we can afford through the help of a legal defense fund. Your recommendations are super helpful

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom