OT: Poll--Who are you taking #1 in the draft? | The Boneyard

OT: Poll--Who are you taking #1 in the draft?

Who should the Celtics take #1 in the draft?

• Markelle Fultz

Votes: 122 78.2%
  • Lonzo Ball

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Josh Jackson

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • Jayson Tatum

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Who are you taking #1 in the Draft?

I've got Fultz. Younger than Lonzo, no crazy father, better looking shot, and he's got a higher assist % and lower turnover % on literally almost double the usage.

He would be a perfect compliment to IT I think. If my Celts can trade a few pieces (please not Bradley!), they could be really well prepared for the Lebron decline in a few years

I think Ball has the potential to throw back to the Jason Kidd days of PG's, but I don't know how well his game will translate. He's already got a great IQ, but I don't see as high of a floor or ceiling. Lonzo's floor could be LOW, but his ceiling also may be sky-high. Fultz has an NBA looking game already, just needs to polish up on some IQ/shot selection things imo.

Reaction Score
I think Fultz might actually be underrated at this point. He's the pretty much unanimous number 1 pick in the best draft of the last 5+ years and doesn't get nearly the hype he should based on those 2 facts.

Reaction Score
I think Fultz might actually be underrated at this point. He's the pretty much unanimous number 1 pick in the best draft of the last 5+ years and doesn't get nearly the hype he should based on those 2 facts.

I think it's partly because he's humble and played for a bad team. Also not a very demonstrative kid to start with.

Reaction Score
I think it's partly because he's humble and played for a bad team. Also not a very demonstrative kid to start with.

Honestly for me he might as well be European because I don't think I saw him play once. I saw Ball, Jackson and Tatum at least a half a dozen times each.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Anyone who doesn't say Fultz is doing this wrong. Kid has superstar written all over him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Brimah
hi-res-a47f08b72d1396713d27e148b5eca5e5_crop_north.jpg

"What? Why is everyone laughing?"​

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I would love to see a front-court man, but my gut tells me it's Fultz or a trade

Or maybe Fultz and trade Brooklyn's # 1 next year for a big man

Reaction Score
Fultz to the Celtics is good for UConn basketball. That will be two guys in Boston that Chillious coached. We can pull a Rutgers and it will be even easier because our mascots are the same.

Lol Thank you for this comment, I needed a good laugh this morning.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

This draft is deep but I'm not sure Fultz goes #1 in any draft over the last 5 years, but I'd need to go back and check.

Certainly not in the Wiggins and Simmons years. Maybe 2013. But not if Noel hadn't torn his ACL.

Fultz is actually a below average 1-1 according to Pelton.

He's 3rd best in this draft actually based on Pelton's projections.

Ball is #1 and Collins from Zaga is #2.

It's really strong draft for guys named Collins btw. The Wake Forest one had a higher PER than Brow when he was at Kentucky, which is just nuts.

Celts should really try to move down with the Kings and get Tatum and Collins or Issaac and Collins or something like that.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I think the Celtics have to take Fultz. I love IT, but I believe he's a free agent after next season and will be turning 30(although I could be wrong) and small guards simply don't last in the NBA.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I would take Fultz but if you look at the roster Celtics needs are not Point Guard unless you move Smart or Rozier. First pick has to be a starter. You have IT and you took Smart and Rozier right now who were all first rounders if I remember correctly. If I were them I make a trade with Sixers so they can get Fultz. The Sixers can screw the Lakers and get Ball leaving the Lakers to lose their guy and the celtics can grad Tatum and pick up another future first draft pick from Sixers since they will always suck.

Last edited:

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I would take Fultz but if you look at the roster Celtics needs are not Point Guard unless you move Smart or Rozier. First pick has to be a starter. You have IT and Smart and Rozier right now who were all first rounders if I remember correctly. If I were them I make a trade with Sixers so they can get Fultz. The Sixers can screw the Lakers and get Ball leaving the Lakers to lose their guy and the celtics can grad Tatum and pick up another future first draft pick from Sixers since they will always suck.
IT was the 60th overall pick....

Reaction Score
Celts need to draft and keep Fultz. Move another guard to open up cap space.

IT is too old to ever be prime after the lebron era and Fultz has the potential to be their star guard of the future.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I would take Fultz but if you look at the roster Celtics needs are not Point Guard unless you move Smart or Rozier. First pick has to be a starter. You have IT and you took Smart and Rozier right now who were all first rounders if I remember correctly. If I were them I make a trade with Sixers so they can get Fultz. The Sixers can screw the Lakers and get Ball leaving the Lakers to lose their guy and the celtics can grad Tatum and pick up another future first draft pick from Sixers since they will always suck.

Never take a worse player to fill a need. That's a good way to be a middling team. Needs can be addressed in free agency or via trade.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I love love love love IT - but he's about to be a free agent and is coming off the best possible year of his career. His value is so high, this is the type of player Danny might move to grab their biggest need (which they can't get in this draft.)

But man, he made the C's tick this year ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom