OT: PK80 Travel and hotels | The Boneyard

OT: PK80 Travel and hotels

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
For the people that are going, where are you guys staying and when are you getting in? Does one side of the river have more to do than the other side?

Reaction Score
I was just up there last weekend of July. I was mainly there for beer and food. I stayed by Portland State in some crummy place that was pretty cheap.

The public transportation is great so it really doesn't matter which side you are on. We were there 4 days and only Ubered a few times. Rent a car for a day if you want to check out some specific spots deep in East Portland or the neighborhood of Alberta (best beer the city has to offer is at Great Notion*; we went to 25 breweries/cideries) The city has the same overall cool vibe and food options wherever you go, but also the same overall homeless problem. You'll find way better beer on the east side, but the general area is fairly spread out. Downtown is still great and everything is more walkable, but it is ....grimy in some areas you may want to go

*some other breweries to check out:
Reverend Nat's
Cider Riot
Pints
Shilling Cider
Migration (Oregon Mead and Cider is next door and the two dudes who run it are the absolute shizz)
Ex Novo (the neighborhood of Mississippi is generally pretty awesome)

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I was just up there last weekend of July. I was mainly there for beer and food. I stayed by Portland State in some crummy place that was pretty cheap.

The public transportation is great so it really doesn't matter which side you are on. We were there 4 days and only Ubered a few times. Rent a car for a day if you want to check out some specific spots deep in East Portland or the neighborhood of Alberta (best beer the city has to offer is at Great Notion*; we went to 25 breweries/cideries) The city has the same overall cool vibe and food options wherever you go, but also the same overall homeless problem. You'll find way better beer on the east side, but the general area is fairly spread out. Downtown is still great and everything is more walkable, but it is ....grimy in some areas you may want to go

*some other breweries to check out:
Reverend Nat's
Cider Riot
Pints
Shilling Cider
Migration (Oregon Mead and Cider is next door and the two dudes who run it are the absolute shizz)
Ex Novo (the neighborhood of Mississippi is generally pretty awesome)
thanks... im trying to find a hotel near the Moda center so it's a quick uber or walk there. I'd like the hotel to be around an area that also isn't a far drive... Any recommendations for places to stay that are fairly cheap/reasonable?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA
Top Bottom