OT: Pitino Returns to Kentucky | The Boneyard

OT: Pitino Returns to Kentucky

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Those were my thoughts. I can't imagine SJU fans are thrilled with seeing that.

Reaction Score
Those were my thoughts. I can't imagine SJU fans are thrilled with seeing that.
I doubt they care. Lot of history behind Pitino and Kentucky from both his time there and at Louisville. I'm sure Slick Rick is also in the backgrounds trying to build a UK --> SJU transfer pipeline. Kentucky has some solid players coming in next summer

Reaction Score
I saw that and thought similarly. I wouldn't call it "disgraceful" but I thought it was strange. Then again, Pitino is really strange these days. But you just can't kill a vampire.

BHX-hYxCUAAhcyl

Reaction Score
The whole thing just reeked of Pitino’s unchecked ego. You want to visit and support Pope? Cool. Going to first night to be fawned over by Kentucky fans? Wearing Kentucky gear? Speaking with the team after practice? Gushing about what a special basketball place it is, few others like it? Just really weird behavior.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else find it disgraceful for him to go back there and gush about how it's Camelot and the best 8 years of his life and don the Blue while he's the coach of another college program?
Ok I am glad I wasn't the only one that thought that. Maybe not disgraceful, but certainly strange.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The only thing I find amazing is anyone who didn't realize this is peak Pitino and in line with everything he has done over the past 40 years.
Who'd have thunked Pitino would do something embarrassing to his employer?

Reaction Score
I don't think he cares if he leaves/gets fired from SJU. It's too tough a job for someone of his age that doesn't want to put in the work

I unironically think that those guys robbing personal items from Rick Pitino's office at St. John's kind of disillusioned him with the situation. I already thought it was a crazy situation for a coach of his age to get involved in though

Reaction Score
The whole thing just reeked of Pitino’s unchecked ego. You want to visit and support Pope? Cool. Going to first night to be fawned over by Kentucky fans? Wearing Kentucky gear? Speaking with the team after practice? Gushing about what a special basketball place it is, few others like it? Just really weird behavior.
This is yet another example why you are one of my favorite posters.

Reaction Score
I know the bluebloods like UConn, Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, and Kansas have midnight madness or first night events and tons of people show up. Other schools that have good size fanbases do, too like Indiana, Providence, etc. But what about St. John's? Do they have Midnight Madness or First Night? And if they do, how many people actually show up? If SJU produces good basketball seasons I know the NYC fans will support them, but they really have not been relevant since the year 2000.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

spot on, as usual.

No one would care if he went and hung out, celebrated his former players and moved on. But he's got to make a big thing and make it about himself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom