OT: Pitino/Louisville | The Boneyard

OT: Pitino/Louisville

Reaction Score
Former Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino's attorneys have asked a federal judge to reopen discovery in his lawsuit against the university's athletics association to allow them to examine whether a Cardinals trustee was the "cash source" for payments to strippers, who allegedly danced and had sex with players and recruits during parties at a campus dorm.

The allegation about a Louisville trustee funding the stripper parties surfaced earlier this week from a July 26 deposition of former board of trustees chairman J. David Grissom in an unrelated financial fraud lawsuit the university and its nonprofit foundation are pursuing against former Louisville president James Ramsey and some of his top aides.

During the deposition, Grissom said under oath that Ramsey told him in June 2016 that another trustee was the "cash source" of payments to Katrina Powell and other women who danced at the parties.

Reaction Score
The ACC is such a great conference. They always put the emphasis on education first! Think of all those innocent lads and how well they did in anatomy lab.
The conference beyond reproach. It is quite amazing what their member institutions have been able to get away with. Honestly, if you’re in that conference why WOULD you do anything other than cheat??

C

Chief00

Another example of who wins in this type of litigation but the attorney’s billing total.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Another example of who wins in this type of litigation but the attorney’s billing total.
Probably unfair to analogize what goes on at Louisville to anywhere else. Honestly if God doesn’t destroy that university, he probably owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology.

C

Chief00

Probably unfair to analogize what goes on at Louisville to anywhere else. Honestly if God doesn’t destroy that university, he probably owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology.

I guess more to the point, Chief should have said, the litigation exposes more of the cesspool at UL.

Reaction Score
The NCAA, which is God in this case, has already spoken. Or should I say, NOT spoken.

Nothing to see here, move along.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why is that college, or school of ill repute, still open and in operation?
Certainly not for quality of education
What a total disaster
The sad part of it all is, I think, there are other big name institutions out there that are operated like and share the same morality constitution as Loserville.
I love college athletics but they have become the end all to way too many.

Reaction Score
Pitino is a dirtbag sleeze. Getting off with no death penalty (obviously because they are the highest revenue earners in NCAAB) and getting into the ACC over us when they are an academic stain on the conference makes me hate them way more than Cuse.

Reaction Score

I’m going to start using this as a saying.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

"What money? Well that wasn't there a minute ago! It must be yours." [winking]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom