OT (pet peeve of mine) cannot stand people who leave ABC gum behind | The Boneyard

OT (pet peeve of mine) cannot stand people who leave ABC gum behind

Reaction Score
Of course theres leaving it under a bench I've seen it on shelves in aisles anyone who does that is grade A trash. Also leaving it on the side of a trash can annoys me to no end and in a urinal (you spit it in a toilet and flush it not on the side of a toilet either). My unwritten rules are when you throw away gum aim for the middle of the trash can not the side, I make sure its in a napkin or a water bottle or coffee cup. Seeing that crap just makes my skin crawl, and look at that person as scum.

Reaction Score
Of course theres leaving it under a bench I've seen it on shelves in aisles anyone who does that is grade A trash. Also leaving it on the side of a trash can annoys me to no end and in a urinal (you spit it in a toilet and flush it not on the side of a toilet either). My unwritten rules are when you throw away gum aim for the middle of the trash can not the side, I make sure its in a napkin or a water bottle or coffee cup. Seeing that crap just makes my skin crawl, and look at that person as scum.
K

Reaction Score
Im an adult who goes to the dentist regularly and I dont play baseball so I dont chew gum.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Same person who bags up dog poo and then throws it into the woods or dunes or leaves it a foot away from the garbage can!

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Or my wife always putting everything in the sink instead of the dishwasher or garbage can!

SERIOUSLY. What is with this? The dishwasher is right beside the sink, but every dish winds up in the sink. A mug she drank water from? Right into the sink.

And if she chops vegetables, god help us all. Every bit of detritus in the direction of the disposal. Giant chunk of potato she doesn't want? Disposal. Carrot greens? Disposal. GAH.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
SERIOUSLY. What is with this? The dishwasher is right beside the sink, but every dish winds up in the sink. A mug she drank water from? Right into the sink.

And if she chops vegetables, god help us all. Every bit of detritus in the direction of the disposal. Giant chunk of potato she doesn't want? Disposal. Carrot greens? Disposal. GAH.
Same but we don’t even have a disposable. The cups blow my mind OPEN THE DISHWASHER

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'A mug she drank water from? Right into the sink.' seriously? at our place, that goes right back into the cabinet. saving the planet and all that. however, if its from a nonhouseholder, well, then first it goes into the autoclave, and then overnighted to the cdc. the fedex bill is killing me...

Reaction Score
I went to the grocery store the other day any there was a young mother standing by the door while her daughter(12 yo my guess) was fetching a cart. The daughter grabs a cart that has an old flyer and a couple of plastic bags from the produce department in it. The young girl cleans these items out of the cart by throwing them on the ground (with her mother watching) instead of in the trash can right next to where her mother was standing. Hoping to shame them, I immediately picked the items up off the ground and threw them in the trash in front of both of them. It didn't seem to phase either one of the which frosted me even more.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score

Behavior like that will get your 'chicklet's bloodied' down at my gum-chewing club.

Probably the same swine that chew gum for the taste, disrespectfully dispose of it. Yes, the gum flavor does not last very long. But you're not 5 years old anymore, you don't need Hubba Bubba Watermelon Burst anymore. The flavor is natural and subtle. I can chew gum for 30 minutes even though it loses it's flavor after one. You're chewing gum for the texture and the motion of chewing, not to taste an artificially flavored piece of trash. At my club, we call them “flavorists”. Needless to say, when we break out the 50 year old vintage Beechmans, they don’t get an invite.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Hoping to shame them, I immediately picked the items up off the ground and threw them in the trash in front of both of them. It didn't seem to phase either one of the which frosted me even more.
I'm sorry that that didn't work out for you.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

No you just don't understand it goes into the sink so that it can be properly washed before it goes into the dishwasher!!

Reaction Score
You know how cherries are in season right now? Take a close look around the produce dept next time you‘re at the grocery store, those little pits are freaking EVERYWHERE. People are animals.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Of course this morning I see gum on the front steps of my apartment not even the side of the steps smack dab right in the middle (basically letting it be known that they are scum and proud of it), I just kicked it to the side and off the steps into the bushes. At least throw your gum into the bushes its scummy but at least shows your being subtle about it at least.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Of course this morning I see gum on the front steps of my apartment not even the side of the steps smack dab right in the middle (basically letting it be known that they are scum and proud of it), I just kicked it to the side and off the steps into the bushes. At least throw your gum into the bushes its scummy but at least shows your being subtle about it at least.
Obviously a BYer lives in your complex and has figured out who you are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom