Peaches | The Boneyard

Peaches

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How good is a perfect peach? They are perfect right now. In season, hands down best fruit imo.

Agree?

Discuss. Or not.

To each, their peach. If you like them, go get some now.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
How good is a perfect peach? They are perfect right now. In season, hands down best fruit imo.

Agree?

Discuss. Or not.

To each, their peach. If you like them, go get some now.

persik-1024x685.jpeg

Reaction Score
A juicy, very ripe peach right off the tree is heaven. Had 50 or so peach trees of many varieties for several years. Planted them by maturation time, so the fruit came in back of orchard to front. Used to love cutting the grass around them and plucking off a peach every couple minutes to eat while I was riding.

To canners out there - Baby Gold. Not free-stone, and must be peeled with a peeler, but they stay incredibly firm and tasty in home canned jars. The Amish around here have a saying - once you go Baby Gold, you never go back.

Reaction Score
Where do you buy the perfect peach? Rogers Orchard? They are good there. Very good!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A juicy, very ripe peach right off the tree is heaven. Had 50 or so peach trees of many varieties for several years. Planted them by maturation time, so the fruit came in back of orchard to front. Used to love cutting the grass around them and plucking off a peach every couple minutes to eat while I was riding.

To canners out there - Baby Gold. Not free-stone, and must be peeled with a peeler, but they stay incredibly firm and tasty in home canned jars. The Amish around here have a saying - once you go Baby Gold, you never go back.

Nice. I planted a peach tree in 2015 and probably had 40-50 peaches this year for the first time.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Where do you buy the perfect peach? Rogers Orchard? They are good there. Very good!
We've had some great peaches, nectarines and plums just from Stop & Shop the past few weeks, but my wife went to Bishop's today and scored some beauties, along with a bunch of squash blossoms, my other obsession at this time of year.

Reaction Score
a bottle of peach schnapps in the freezer and was constantly pouring shots. That crap was everywhere in the 80's.
Damn Dude!!! You totally just dragged me back to 1986. The night I met my wife, the friend who was with her pulled out a bottle of Peach Schnapps and asked if anybody wanted any. I said no, I don't drink. I had never heard of the stuff. Hilarious. I never knew it was an 80s thing.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had a fantastic one yesterday. Peach flavor was ruined for me for years due to a friend who kept a bottle of peach schnapps in the freezer and was constantly pouring shots. That crap was everywhere in the 80's.

Damn Dude!!! You totally just dragged me back to 1986. The night I met my wife, the friend who was with her pulled out a bottle of Peach Schnapps and asked if anybody wanted any. I said no, I don't drink. I had never heard of the stuff. Hilarious. I never knew it was an 80s thing.
I started bartending in the 80s. Sex on the Beach was huge. Peachtree Schnapps, vodka, cranberry, oj.

Reaction Score
Rosedale Farms has sugar plums. Catch one of those at its peak and it's pretty fakking delicious.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Earlier this summer, I made the decision to leave the yellow peach and become a dedicated white peach consumer. I find it to be the better peach and I appreciate its hardiness in difficult circumstances such as grilling and, well, grilling.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Earlier this summer, I made the decision to leave the yellow peach and become a dedicated white peach consumer. I find it to be the better peach and I appreciate its hardiness in difficult circumstances such as grilling and, well, grilling.
I appreciate both. There is also a weird, flatter white peach that is very good--especially grilled.

ETA: It's a Saturn Peach.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I appreciate both. There is also a weird, flatter white peach that is very good--especially grilled.

I've never heard of them - will look around.

I actually had a peach with dinner tonight. (Grilled snapper, a bowl of Corn Flakes and a peach.)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've never heard of them - will look around.

I actually had a peach with dinner tonight. (Grilled snapper, a bowl of Corn Flakes and a peach.)
That's a food pyramid right there.

From now through September I could eat all manner of peaches or tomatoes at any meal or time of day.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It was straight garbage, like a super sweet chemical peach.

Reaction Score

Also often called a UFO or donut peach.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Nice. I planted a peach tree in 2015 and probably had 40-50 peaches this year for the first time.

Do you spray? I have fruit trees, but the bugs pretty much get everything.

Reaction Score
Peaches are great but mango is higher on the amazing fruit list for me.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Peaches are great but mango is higher on the amazing fruit list for me.

Mangos are awesome.

I swapped out my regular delicious breakfast that was apparently killing me, with a homemade smoothie. Mango packs a strong flavor punch in a smoothie and masks the taste of the fistful of kale I add.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom