OT - Patriots Fantasy Camp | The Boneyard

OT - Patriots Fantasy Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm connected with the lead sponsors of the camp, and spent the day at Gillette yesterday with the team.

Was seriously one of the coolest things I've ever been involved in and was able to bring my son along also.

Got to spend time with Kraft/Brady/Gronk/Edelman/Amendola and a lot of other guys...

Repped UCONN all day - my 34 jersey and block C shorts. McCourty and Blount called me out during drills.

VERY sore today. Too old to run around like that.

I can say without a doubt that none of the balls were deflated.

Reaction Score
Did you ask McCourty if he ever got the taste of #34 Donald Brown (460 yards, 3 TDs, in just 3 games vs. Rutgers) out of his mouth?

Reaction Score
BTW - we got a lot of behind the scenes looks at parts of the football operations - if any of you have any questions I'm happy to answer them the best I can.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Awesome stuff.

Did you ask what # Byron Jones would have been had he fell to 32?

Too bad Butler or Thomas weren't still there...could've turned it into a UConn Patriots day!

Reaction Score
McClain was there (#22) - but didn't cross paths with him. He wasn't around the DBs when I was doing my DB drills.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
BTW - we got a lot of behind the scenes looks at parts of the football operations - if any of you have any questions I'm happy to answer them the best I can.

1. Did you visit the equipment room?
2. Did you meet McNally?
3. Was Krafts honey around the facility?
4. When you look at Edelman do you picture him laying everything in site after the SB?

Reaction Score
1) No - did get to check out the weight room and training room though.
2) No
3) No - he did talk about her in passing, but she wasn't there.
4) I was at the afterparty and he was getting mobbed by everyone (men and women) - it was crazy. I actually asked him about it. He said basically "Sometimes I wish I would turn it off, but it isn't going to be like this forever so I try to enjoy it." Really good guy.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
I always seem to say this, but when I grow up, I want to be JMoney.

I'm a pretty lucky guy. That's all I can say.

Dooley

Reaction Score
McClain was there (#22) - but didn't cross paths with him. He wasn't around the DBs when I was doing my DB drills.

Yikes! I forgot they signed him. I'm as excited now as I was when I first heard the news (and then subsequently forgot).

Dooley

Reaction Score
I think if UConn ever got into the B1G, building up the Rent area into a Patriot Place esque facility would be a fantastic idea. Complete with a UConn HOF and use the building to house bowl game trophies, conference championship banners, retired numbers, and players in the NFL info. A honorary wing to Lew Perkins, UTC for donating the land, and the Burton family for their donations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom