OT-(Pat Riley)After disappointing year, is it time for head of the program to step down? | The Boneyard

OT-(Pat Riley)After disappointing year, is it time for head of the program to step down?

pj

Reaction Score
Not KO. Pat Riley of the Miami Heat: Pat Riley's final challenge

Riley has some of the same player/recruit relationship issues we've heard from critics of KO, e.g. insufficient communication:

Dwyane Wade appears on Yahoo's popular basketball podcast. For the first time, he says a driving reason for his departure from Miami was hurt feelings over Riley never calling him. Wade says Riley didn't reach out ...

Riley gave Bosh what he wanted. Now he wishes he'd said no to Bosh ...

Riley is one of the greats, but even the best have down years. What makes a great leader is not that he never falls down, but that he picks himself up and doesn't fall down the same way again.

Best wishes for a healthy and long retirement for Riley, a great championship-filled career for KO.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Unless I missed the common knowledge over Bosh's health issues (regarding this specific challenge) at the time of the signing, hard to blame Riley for paying Bosh.

Especially since the abomination of a CBA didn't really allow for teams to make S&Ts anymore without other brutal side effects.

pj

Reaction Score
I wasn't sure if it was OT or not because I wanted to address it to the anti-KO posters and make the point that a down year, or even several, is an intrinsic part of basketball. But, if a mod can add an OT, fine with me. Looking at it now, I see it seems to add to the anti-KO flavor which I don't want.

pj

Reaction Score
Unless I missed the common knowledge over Bosh's health issues (regarding this specific challenge) at the time of the signing, hard to blame Riley for paying Bosh.

Hard to blame KO for injuries either. Hard to blame KO if players turn out to be more self-interested than is best for the team, as was the case with Bosh's salary demands -- satisfying them hurt Riley's budget.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Hard to blame KO for injuries either. Hard to blame KO if players turn out to be more self-interested than is best for the team, as was the case with Bosh's salary demands -- satisfying them hurt Riley's budget.

Not expecting a max worthy player to take the max is a weird expectation IMO.

These guys have a very limited time to max out their earnings. I don't blame them for taking it.

But the composition of the roster is absolutely on both Ollie and Riley. They're the ones who put it together.

The injuries, yes.

But I wasn't really commenting on KO at all before. I was just talking about Riley. That's a pretty solid team with Bosh there.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I wasn't sure if it was OT or not because I wanted to address it to the anti-KO posters and make the point that a down year, or even several, is an intrinsic part of basketball. But, if a mod can add an OT, fine with me. Looking at it now, I see it seems to add to the anti-KO flavor which I don't want.
It's overtime and changed it for you. There's enough animosity going on so maybe some of us can move on and let the fires burn out until the next storm comes.

Or just reference the article as support for your argument if someone dismisses the negative impact of injuries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom