OT - Parlay Cards | The Boneyard

OT - Parlay Cards

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Does anyone know the story of parlay cards? I came across a guy selling them yesterday, first time in awhile and it got me thinking. Not that they are a horrible bet, I already knew that and put down 5 bucks anyway. But where do they come from? Being illegal and all, it's not like buying raffle tickets at Party City. But every week they come out professionally printed with a perforation, serial numbers and up-to-date lines. And these things have been around in the same format forever, predating home PC's all looking the same. Do bookies all get them from same supplier? I'm not asking for specifics, I just find them a fascinating slice of the underground economy.

Reaction Score
Been playing since 1958. Cards are illegal but that doesn't seem to stop people from playing.Unlike betting with a book where your chances are better, picking 4 winners and covering the points to get a 10-1 payoff is not easy. Try it sometime.!!

Reaction Score
Been playing since 1958. Cards are illegal but that doesn't seem to stop people from playing.Unlike betting with a book where your chances are better, picking 4 winners and covering the points to get a 10-1 payoff is not easy. Try it sometime.!!
Back in the early 70's a guy I worked with was a partner in these "Parley Cards". He said he and his friend typically made 4 grand a piece each week during the football season. He needed to work a job at Pratt to look legitimate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom