OT... Outlow Leaves BC.... | The Boneyard

OT... Outlow Leaves BC....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dave Patenaude is a GREAT guy...went to high school with him. He has rebounded well after getting caught at Hofstra when they dumped football. They have a really good thing going down at Coastal Carolina.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Coastal Carolina is by far and away my favorite FCS program.

Reaction Score
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/remember-norwich-free-academy-rb-marcus-outlow.84002/

So much for staying in New England --- "Because of his closeness to his family, Outlow said he hopes he can remain in New England. His sister, Cebria, recently signed a National Letter of Intent to attend Central Connecticut State University and play basketball for the Blue Devils."

Good opportunity to regroup.

I'll admit I'm a bit confused by the need to sit out a year if CC is still FCS @ football for another year. Must be the conference transition year limbo. no longer FCS but not FBS yet.

Reaction Score
I believe they're moving up to the Sun Belt in 2017 or 2018.
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/remember-norwich-free-academy-rb-marcus-outlow.84002/

So much for staying in New England --- "Because of his closeness to his family, Outlow said he hopes he can remain in New England. His sister, Cebria, recently signed a National Letter of Intent to attend Central Connecticut State University and play basketball for the Blue Devils."

Good opportunity to regroup.

I'll admit I'm a bit confused by the need to sit out a year if CC is still FCS @ football for another year. Must be the conference transition year limbo. no longer FCS but not FBS yet.
http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2015-09-01/coastal-carolina-join-sun-belt-conference-july-2016
Sorry I did not post earlier......

Reaction Score

Right but the football program is in limbo for 2016:

"CCU sports will begin competing in Sun Belt conference play as of July 1, 2016, with the exception of the football program, which will transition to its first year of full FBS status in 2018. During the transition, CCU will compete as a Sun Belt member in 2017 and have the opportunity to compete for the conference football championship, but will not be eligible to participate in the postseason."

I get the voluntary redshirt decision if that's what coach/player thinks is beneficial - I guess I didn't realize it was mandatory due to conference affiliation change even if the individual sport isn't yet.

Reaction Score
Guessing we didn't offer? Or he really hates UConn, and every other D1 program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom